Moisture in the tail light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Moisture in the tail light in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 93 Seville. I keep getting moisture in the tail lights. A friend told me to take the ...
    T Rex is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Moisture in the tail light

I have a 93 Seville. I keep getting moisture in the tail lights. A friend told me to take the light out and use a hair dryer on it to get the moisture out. I did that, but the water keeps coming back. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It is a minor problem, but I cant go around town with a less than perfect caddi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Moisture in the tail light

The best thing to do is get a tiny drill bit and drill a tiny hole in the bottom of the light.... Its a common problem on the sevilles, and it allows the water and moisture to drain.....

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Another suggestion is to completely separate the tail light halves. I.E. the lens portion and the black portion that actually has the bulbs in it, and then reseal these two pieces with RTV or some other sort of sealant that wont damage the plastic. This way you wont even have to deal with the foggy stuff either.

dan3or6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Deville

Ihad same problem on my 94. Come to find out that the sunroof had a leak arround the seal and as you know it drains into the trunk thru a drain hose creating high humidity in the trunk.Fix the sunroof and that fixed my moisture in the tail light. Every time I washed the car the next day there it was.

JOENH is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Have a 99 Seville which experienced the tail light moisture problem in 2001. Heard that this was a typical problem with Caddies (all models), saw this condition driving around (pretty bad parts vendor!) as I always check body to door, trunk fits etc. on luxury cars)). Caddie provided a replacement lense at no cost (I installed). Car was under warranty. Thought I was going to have a problem but they were gracious.

T Rex is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks guys. Since mine is 10 years old, dealer wont replace the lenses.. I dont want to spend a bunch of money on new lenses...
    The idea about seperating the lenses into 2 parts may work, but I am worried about breaking the lens or not getting the seal just right to keep the moisture out.
    I am going to drill a hole in the bottom to see if that corrects it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.