This one noise...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, This one noise... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Sup guys, today I noticed a stange sound. I was at a red light whose two lanes merged and a ...
    SL1CK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS

Question This one noise...

Sup guys, today I noticed a stange sound. I was at a red light whose two lanes merged and a lil ol GMC Jimmy or CHevy Blazer was next to me. It was a little speed demon and I decided I wanted to try and beat it to get in front of it at the merging lane. Well, I was looking over at the car when the light turned greened, so I floored it a little and then said what the heck, and I let off. The roads there are really bad, bumpy, etc. The suspension takes alot in certain areas only tho.

After I crossed the merging of the lanes, I started to hear a noise in my Caddy I hadn't heard before. It sounded like helicopter blades spinning, and it seemed so be coming from the right side of my car. Does anyone know what this might be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: This one noise...

Maybe ABS engaging.

You think so? It continued after I kept driving, and it pretty quiet in some of the part I go through so I heard it. I was like a "flapping" and sort of when like a tire goes flat, but....well, I haven't checked the tires. Be right back.

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

The only time I ever heard that type of noise in any car, was wind buffeting from open windows and moonroofs. That is a new one.

Don

Ok. Well, I checked the tires and nothing to be found, all seem to be at proper inflation. Maybe the loose part under my car caught some wind? Well, it's not a part, its more of like a big plastic flexible cover that is under the front bumper. Maybe you guys know what I'm talking about, I just don't know the proper name. But maybe that was it.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

The more you discribe it, the less it sounds like ABS.

Chech that air deflector. If it is loose, it could make that type of noise.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.