Air Shocks - ELD -ETC - 1999
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Air Shocks - ELD -ETC - 1999 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My rear air shocks are gone on my Eld -ETC 1999. I was Informed that I might be able to ...
    xman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Air Shocks - ELD -ETC - 1999

My rear air shocks are gone on my Eld -ETC 1999. I was Informed that I might be able to put air into the Air shocks. Is this true. If so where and how is this done.
    If this can not be done should I just purchase springs. If so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Air Shocks - ELD -ETC - 1999

Theres a thread around here somewhere about the strutmaster passive struts.. Those are the best things to replace with IMO..

Maybe you have an air leak.. seems they shouldnt be bad after only this amount fo time.

coldfoil is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Those air shocks rarely go bad. Check your air lines first or check and see if your compressor still works.

Thanks,
    I'm a newbie. I have removed the rear tire. I see a small clamp which I can ez-ly remove Is that where I put the air.
    Where and how do I check the air line. Sorry I dont know where any of these items are. I've been looking for manuals with no luck.
    Thanks again for all the assistance.

Thanks I was hoping I could put some air back into the shocks., but I dont know how or where I can check this. So please advise.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

I don't believe that you can manualy pump them up. The compressor is behind the RR quarter panel and there are air lines running to each shock. Could be a blown fuse, cracked, broken, leaky or disconnected air line, bad compressor, disconnected or misadjusted actuator.

caddypete is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by xman
    Thanks,
    I'm a newbie. I have removed the rear tire. I see a small clamp which I can ez-ly remove Is that where I put the air.
    Where and how do I check the air line. Sorry I dont know where any of these items are. I've been looking for manuals with no luck.
    Thanks again for all the assistance.
    That clamp doesn't have a hose on it? If you remove the tire and look at the shock there should be a hose going to a small spring type hose clamp on a nipple on the shock, if that hose is not there both of your rear shocks will be empty of any air. Maybe you should start from there, look on the rear axle find the compressor and trace the lines back to the shocks,turn ignition on and see if compressor runs.After that repost with what you found, it will probably save you a ton of money and agravation

NoFear365@yahoo.com is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You cant pump air into them manually. Assuming that everything else works correctly (compressor, no cracked lines, etc) and your air shocks are defective (hightly doubt it) just get replacement shocks from Arnott. We have them in one of our Caddys and they are great!

What makes you think your air shocks are no good?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.