Just got a '95 Eldo......anything I should know?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Just got a '95 Eldo......anything I should know? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just bought a '95 Eldorado with 83,460 miles on it. It's got the 275hp 4.6L Northstar V8 and it's ...
    95ELDORADOon18s is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Just got a '95 Eldo......anything I should know?

I just bought a '95 Eldorado with 83,460 miles on it. It's got the 275hp 4.6L Northstar V8 and it's sitting on 18 inch factory rims(they look factory)There's absolutely nothing wrong with this car, but I just wanted to know if there were any trouble areas or things I should know about maybe for the year or just anything in general. I'm interested in doing some performance upgrades like a chip and maybe a CAI? If it's available for the northstar? I'd also like to know what this car governs out at in MPH. I know it's capable of pulling 0-60 in 7.5 seconds but what does it do in the long run? Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

95ELDORADOon18s is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Just got a '95 Eldo......anything I should know?

Wow......34 views and not one reply. What's the purpose of this message board?

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Unfortunately, there is not a chip available for the Northstar. It's a fairly well built engine, but headgaskets are a problem area. Keep an eye out for a small oil leak too, that is a common occurance.

Infamous Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 Eldorado ETC

Actually there is a chip for obd 1 smog law northstars which are years 93-95 and it is made by superchip and good for 18hp and 25TQ at about $200 it can be found at www.superchips.com also I brought my intake for mine off of ebay for $50 new with chome elbo. And you can find a set of muffler almost anywhere.

RLLOVETT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Many times on the web, no news is good news! You bought yourself an excellent ride that could be as little as a third to a half through its life expectancy. Learn how to check your codes, make sure you keep any rust under control (a prob here in the salted Northeast), and change the oil every 3k. Come to this site with specific probs as they arise and you should get answers. Have fun!

Bartman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My '94 Eldo governs out at 113 mph and it lets you know that it didn't run out of power.... This is the 4th Eldo I've had in 21 years and I think it's the best so far. My last one was an '88 and it was very under powered. I can't wait 'til the next generation Northstar.

vancity69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Lac
    Actually there is a chip for obd 1 smog law northstars which are years 93-95 and it is made by superchip and good for 18hp and 25TQ at about $200 it can be found at www.superchips.com also I brought my intake for mine off of ebay for $50 new with chome elbo. And you can find a set of muffler almost anywhere.
    Has anyone got and used this chip? How is it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.