97 STS, please recommend new tires
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 97 STS, please recommend new tires in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I currenly have GYEagle RS-As that are almost completely worn out (55000miles) Could anyone recommened replacement tires? I've looked at ...
    whodamarshal is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation 97 STS, please recommend new tires

I currenly have GYEagle RS-As that are almost completely worn out (55000miles)

Could anyone recommened replacement tires?
    I've looked at possible ones:
    Goodyear RS-A, Regatta 2
    Michelin Hydroedge, Harmony

I've heard bad things about RS-As...so I maybe want to replace them, although I've never had any major driving problems with them, but I never owned any other tires before, so I can't make a comparison.

I'm looking for All-Seasons High Performace OR All-Seasons Premium tire that has good control, stability, cornering and dry/wet traction...and moderate winter capabilites.

Thnx for help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jetillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac STS

Re: 97 STS, please recommend new tires

I picked up a set of four Bridgestone Turanzas for my 98 STS in Nov and have been completely satisfied. They are excellent in wet weather. I go through standing water like it's dry pavement. I got 'em for $116 a piece at Firestone (mounted, balanced, warranty, and lifetime balance). Not too bad.

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx), '04 DTS & the witch driver gone.

Speed rating is going to reduce the number of brands/styles you have to choose from. Tire makers do not produce tires to "H" or "Z" speed rating specifications in every tire style. Your car most likely came with either H or Z. Check the factory sticker; mine is on the driver's door.

You might even find a tire dealer who will refuse to install a speed rating lower than the original equipment sticker.

I am happy with the wet/dry performance of my Michelin MXV4 Plus set. Good luck.

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I recommend you to use Bf Goodrich or Michelin and never leave original size so stick to it My choice is 235 /60 16 Z 100W
    Hope you will be satisfied with the tryres

BoostMasterK is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01 STS, 05 SRX

I just put Michelin Pilot A/S on my wife's '93 and they seem to perform well, particularly in the snow.

Check out the TireRack.com under ultra high performance all season. They have ratings there too for what that's worth.

Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.