Turn signal is signaling twice as fast...700 miles and a quart low of oil...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Turn signal is signaling twice as fast...700 miles and a quart low of oil... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello i have a 96 seville SLS and just recently my left turn signal has started to blink twice as ...
    Boges3544 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville SLS

Turn signal is signaling twice as fast...700 miles and a quart low of oil...

Hello i have a 96 seville SLS and just recently my left turn signal has started to blink twice as fast as it should. I replaced the bulb and it still does it. Could I have to replace the turn signal switch or what. And also I have put about 700 miles on the car since i have got it and i noticed that its a quart low of oil. Could it possible be the PVC valve?? There is no sign of it burning oil what so ever. Any suggestions would be helpfull thankyou.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

zonie77 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 ETC,97 STS

Re: Turn signal is signaling twice as fast...700 miles and a quart low of oil...

One of your other bulbs on that side is probably bad. Watch them and one should look different. Brighter I think. That's the bad one.

STS-Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Turn signal is signaling twice as fast...700 miles and a quart low of oil...

Cadillac says that the Northstar engine is a high performance engine with sloppy tolerances and you have to live with high oil consumption. I regularly go thru a quart in 700 miles or less. You just have to watch it a check it whenever you get gas.

STS-Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

One of their lame answers is to clean the rings with a ring solvent to remove
    carbon deposits

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Go to the top left of this page, click on Technical Archives and read up on oil consumption.

Rob_M is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac STS

I would say look at all the rear bulbs with the blinkers on. Find the one that is acting up and try to replace it. If that doesnt do it, try changing the socket. I had the same thing happen on my 93 STS twice and it was the socket gone bad both times. Luckily mine was the one that's only like 12 bucks but the other one was like $30.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.