Digital Tach in 99 STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Digital Tach in 99 STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anybody know how to bring up the digital tach in a 99 STS, I ran a search and nothing ...
    Caddyshack100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP

Digital Tach in 99 STS

Does anybody know how to bring up the digital tach in a 99 STS, I ran a search and nothing came up, I remember an earlier post where someone mentioned that the DIC can be programmed to bring up the temp, tach and other nice things, I know that the gages are there, but they are just there for decoration, they don't tell you what you need to know. The only gages that are ok are the tach and speedo, the temp and fuel are too general.

Any thoughts would be a help, THKS

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NoFear365@yahoo.com is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Digital Tach in 99 STS

Hi. I was the one that posted that tip a while back.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...rsion-2-a.html

There is no digital tach though. There is an option for a tach warning. I have that option set and it does nothing that I can see. I was hoping that it would display a digi tach but it doesn't.

Thanks for the great post, it was great to go through that, it is strange that the FSM does not cover the programming. The Tach warning you are referring to, probably covers the scenario that you are going to overrev the car, like this would be important with the computer cutting the power, I will tommorrow put your research into action. Now, two questions, I do not know on USA cars, but on Canadian and other countries, after the message on the DIC comes up, an annoying EX code also follows. Second, I notice that there are numbers which have to add up to get the desired options, 64 turns to 112 etc, how did you arrive at that. I was on my 98 Deville able to go into the deep programming mode, it was in the FSM, but under the section Intruments and Gages. I was able to get rid of the annoying 'apply brake to shift' message and also get rid of the export id, it also had the added benefit of getting rid of the DRL, and now my twilight sentinel has a purpose again. Again many thanks...

iametarq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

This does not work on a 98+ Seville. Unless someone can prove me wrong, I'd love it! I want to see my coolant temp display.

Quote Originally Posted by iametarq
    This does not work on a 98+ Seville. Unless someone can prove me wrong, I'd love it! I want to see my coolant temp display.
    From what I'm told, it doesn't work on the '98 and up Sevilles but will work on all '96 - '02 Eldo's...

Oh well, it was nice to at least try, once again thanks for putting in the effort to post. It just goes to show that the Eldorado has far more in common with the Deville rather than the Seville, by rights, IMO, the eldo should be with the Deville forum rather than the Seville. Even the FSM refers the Eldo's back to the Deville FSM, E/Ksp.

Not really. The Eldo and Seville shared many many parts for many years. My dad's 97 SLS is vertually the same as my 96 ETC interior wise minus the missing wood trim. Outside of that, they are pretty much the same. The Eldo and Seville have way more in common than the Eldo and Deville.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.