How do i fix this code, SRC
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, How do i fix this code, SRC in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Im getting the S016 code, which says the right front ground is open/missing, it hasnt effected my driving but i ...
    BigButo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How do i fix this code, SRC

Im getting the S016 code, which says the right front ground is open/missing, it hasnt effected my driving but i get the SRC message now. Where do i look to find the ground wires from the sensors so i can check it, it happened after i touched my wrench from battery to motor mount on accident. Im not pulling any other codes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Re: How do i fix this code, SRC

First clear the code:
    • Go into diagnostics mode and when it says "PCM?" press the fan down button untill you reach "RSS?" Then press the fan up button once to enter that menu and the fan down button again until you reach "RSS CLEAR CODES?" Press the fan up button once to clear the codes.
    Now you want to double check to see if that problem is and existing one or just a computer fart from the battery short. You can do one of two things to find this out:
    • Go for a test drive.
    • Or, after you cleared the code press the fan down button until you reach "RSS OUTPUTS?" Press the fan up button to enter that submenu. Then press the fan down button until you reach "SO08" Leave it alone for at least 20 seconds (it will cycle all the dampering valves, and I think the ELC compressor will alternate on and off as well). After that press the "OFF" button 3 times and it will start cyling through the codes again.
    If S016 is still there it means that the wires going to your passenger side strut are grounded on something, or your strut is bad.

Hope this helps.

BigButo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well up until the battery short the struts were all great. So I doubt its bad. Where do the wires run to ground, so I can check that?

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Quote Originally Posted by BigButo
    Well up until the battery short the struts were all great. So I doubt its bad. Where do the wires run to ground, so I can check that?
    They should not run to ground at all. The wires coming from that strut should go directly to the RSS module located behind the rear seat.

Did you clear the code and see if it comes back like I said before?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.