Ride Level Sensor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Ride Level Sensor in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Morning Gents, Is there a way to check a ride level sensor to see if it's working right? I had ...
    Guy,mn.usa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Exclamation Ride Level Sensor

Morning Gents,
    Is there a way to check a ride level sensor to see if it's working right? I had the back end of my 98 sts come way up in the rear and would not come down until I unplugged the drivers rear sensor...
    Please HELP!
    At 140.00 a sensor I want to replace the bad one not all 4.
    Thanks,
    Guy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Aaron J Williams is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 61 ragtop,2 67 eldos,68 ragtop,68CDV,89SDV,90 fleet,93 ETC

Re: Ride Level Sensor

Does yours have road sensing suspension? If so,it would have 2 height sensors in the rear instead of one.

Yes it has 2 sensors in the back. I disabled the drivers side now the rear end does not pump up to max height. So with that I think I unplugged the bad sensor. Do you know how to check these to find out if the sensor is shot?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

I think you are looking at the wrong sensors. Get under the car. There is a lever attached from the switch to the body. Not sure which side. That is the control for the ELC. Sounds like you are pumping up the shocks but not releasing the air when needed. There is an exhaust valve on the ELC compressor. That may be your problem.

Morning Ranger.
    There are 2 level sensors attached to the inside of the wheel well, then a rod that attaches to the "a" arm. What your saying makes sence. The reason I say that is because now with one of the level sensors(driver side) today again the car pumped up the back end and stayed there! Help me fix this thing. If I'm understanding this correctly there is a sensor that tells the compressor to exhaust? Thank you for your help so far as I have not ran out and bought a level sensor at 140.00 a pop at cost!
    Thank you.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

A service manual would be invaluable at this point. If you don't have one, do a search for ELC exhaust valve or something similar.

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Check your codes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.