SRC message "Success Stories"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, SRC message "Success Stories" in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just curious, has anyone had any success with fixing their Service Ride Control problem? I'm not talking about disabling the ...
    Rob_M is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac STS

SRC message "Success Stories"

Just curious, has anyone had any success with fixing their Service Ride Control problem? I'm not talking about disabling the message either. I am talking about going in and actually fixing the problem. I've searched and searched but haven't found any success stories....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ur7x is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 STS

Re: SRC message "Success Stories"

Lots of success stories... Many of the issues appear immediately after a brake job or oil change where the hoist or technician has knocked off the chopstick/dog bone conductors that link the sensor to the suspension... See picture (just to the left of thin line coming in from "middle" right)...

post your codes and we'll tell you how to proceed.
    Attached Images

Arrow Re: SRC message "Success Stories"

Hmmm, that's interesting. I haven't come across any yet. Ive got the S061 and S063. I'm gonna get the sensors because I know the front one is straight up broken off at the joint and its just dangling there. I need to find the rear though and check it. I'll pick up the back at the same time just because. So that picture was in the front? The man I got the car from had the message ever since he bought car at 30k miles on it. He said he did everything he could under warranty but the dealer could never locate the problem. They told him that it was a wire being pinched by the back seat. Sounds like somebody didnt know what they were doing... Anyways, interested in hearing some success stories.

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

Those sensors (accelerometers) are REALLY hard to find. I have a few here actually, and they were quite hard to get.

Is that picture of the rear because in the front I found it right away. It has a little accordian looking boot over it. It also had a snap on cover over it with some red film covering the electronic part. I just need to find where it plugs in. My friend at the dealer said that I have the rotary type. I need to pull the rear wheel and look again for it. At least I have the FSM's.

None? lol

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

S060-----Left Front Position Sensor Fault
    S063-----Right Rear Position Sensor Fault

That picture is not for a 93. Rob_M, your rear position sensors should look the same as your front position sensors. They are the little tiny shock looking things with the accordian boots on them.

A lot of times when they fault its just a computer fart. So, what I would do is simply clear the codes and see if they come back. If they come back, check the connections. If the connections are good it means the sensor is probably bad.

Exclamation Re: SRC message "Success Stories"

Oh yeah man. I've had them ever since I've had the car. I've cleared the codes several times but they immeditaely come back every time. I'm having 2 sent to me from a junkyard that I got some good stuff before. Are they easy to swap out? My friend said that the cord part on them attaches to the frame. I hope its easy otherwise I gotta pay my buddy to do it. Hey, thanks for the replies too everyone....

sonjaab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Premium

ROB ....It depends on the problem ! Is it just a broken sensor
    plug? Or are the struts themselves shot?

My 96 DeVille needed new front struts.........$2500 bucks !!!!
    I wired in the resistor and shut off the SRC/SSS message and
    traded it in for my new 03 !................geo

An 03? That's a big upgrade. When I was rotating my tires the other day I noticed that the left front one had snapped at the lower joint and that it was just dangling there. I just ordered the two to try replacing them. I know the car has always had the problem, at least since 30k on it. I gonna replace them both and do a little troubleshooting for a minute before I do the alternative. I just notice that I've read more about disabling it than I have success stories. I might get a newer one some day but this one's pretty cherry and drives nice...

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Quote Originally Posted by sonjaab
    ROB ....It depends on the problem ! Is it just a broken sensor
    plug? Or are the struts themselves shot?...
    Whoah there, don't scare the poor man! These codes are pertaining to the ride height sensors, not the shocks or struts.

The shocks and struts 'could' be bad, but most times they don't put a code up. If they do put up a code it will be one for a dampering valve (solenoid) which is embedded in the side of each shock and strut.

The only thing holding the wire to the frame would be little plastic clips. All you have to do is pinch the tabs on the end together and push it back through the hole the way it went in.

Question Re: SRC message "Success Stories"

Quote Originally Posted by Krashed989
    The only thing holding the wire to the frame would be little plastic clips. All you have to do is pinch the tabs on the end together and push it back through the hole the way it went in.
    Does that go for the rear too? I dont rember it being as visible. In fact, when I was rotating the tires, I dont remember seeing it at all.

Guy,mn.usa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Not a success story....but last weekend the back end of my 98 sts came way up and stayed there. I could hear the compressor running all the time. I unplugged the level sensor at the rear on the drivers side and the car rear came back down, now the compressor runs once and while.
    Plan on replacing the level sensor(s). Is there a way to check the sensor to see if it's working? And are there level sensors at all four corners on a '98 STS? I too am getting a service suspenion.

Goodyr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Seville 2006 STS

Hi Rob,

I had the S061 off and on for a while and then it stayed on. My mechanic got one from the junkyard and put it on. He put the car on the lift and never took the wheel off. Took him abiut 15 min. Of course this was the right front sensor. Since then no message at all. Hope this helps.

Ralph

Yeah it does! Thanks. I saw the RF just dangling there. It should probably be straight forward. I think the back may be a little tougher though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.