99' STS ANyone know any mods? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 99' STS ANyone know any mods? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by danbuc Mark, is your Z-rated or H-rated? I can't remember what you said it was. Mine is ...
    MARK99STS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 STS

Re: 99' STS ANyone know any mods?

Quote Originally Posted by danbuc
    Mark, is your Z-rated or H-rated? I can't remember what you said it was.

Mine is H-rated. I agree with the Kid, top end is not what it is all about, but how fast you can get from 0-60, or 40-80, etc. That's where you'll beat someone or be beaten. Now that mine is turbocharged, I see it as a second gear car mostly. 1st is geared to low for this kind of power unless I'm at the track with slicks. 2nd is where I shine on the street and will be tough to beat. It's certainly not bad in 3rd either.

Jetillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac STS

How can one determine whether a car is H or Z rated or are we speaking of tires here?

cguthrie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Read the tire rating on the inside of the drivers door.

CG

94greencaddysls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 sls

The two inches of clearance underneath a car running nascar is the biggest reason its able to go so quick. The gearing in those cars are extremely close together up around the range there gonna be running the race in. But after thinking about this what actually governs the car? If it was the computer im sure there must be a junkyard'd Z rated out there that could be swapped out for. If thats even possible to do.

the727kid is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC & 1994 Pontiac Firehawk

The computer governs it I believe, shuts off the fuel.

JustDoug is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS

Quote Originally Posted by danbuc
    ...Maybe if you drove it out the back of a plane at 10,0000 feet you could pass the 175mph mark...
    In order to achieve those speeds in a free-fall, you would have to take measures to keep the car's nose pointed at the ground... if it were allowed to tumble, I believe wind resistance against the other surfaces of the car might keep your terminal velocity rather low!?!

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

A small drag chute would keep it stable....and yes, I'm sure the car would reach terminal velocity well before 175mph. My sarcasm hasn't been what it used to be lately....for some reason, it never comes out right.

If you dropped it high enough, say 60k feet, then you would probably reach that speed no problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.