cornering lamps 98-04 seville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, cornering lamps 98-04 seville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm having a problem with my cornering lamps in my 01 STS. I'm not sure how they're supposed to work. ...
    northstar01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

cornering lamps 98-04 seville

I'm having a problem with my cornering lamps in my 01 STS. I'm not sure how they're supposed to work.

Currently the left is out totally, and the right stays on all the time when the HID headlamps are on (the right also lights when the car is unlocked by remote). The right does turn off when making a left turn though.

I was just wondering from other owners are the cornering lamps supposed to stay on constantly when the headlamps are on, or are they supposed to ONLY turn on and off when making a turn?? Also are the cornering lamps to light at remote unlock???

My car is still under certified warranty but the dealers in this area aren't great. I was just wondering what the normal operating parameters are???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: cornering lamps 98-04 seville

They operate in conjunction with the turn signals. Not sure about unlock, never paid enough attention.

jgwlex is offline Cadillac Owners Member

In my 01 SLS, they do not come on with the RKE. They should only come one when a turn signal is on, and only for the side whose signal is on. I do not believe that they come on with the hazard lights, but not sure on that one. Sounds like you got a crossed wire somewhere. Ask the dealer especially since it's certified (mine is too), but I know it isn't supposed to be on constantly with the headlamps regardless of whether they are HID.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

They do not come on with hazard lights. They are simply an extention of the turn signal (when the headlights are on).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.