Code PO94
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Code PO94 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; HELP PLEASE, I have a Cadillac Eldorado 1994 with a 4.6 liter Northstar engine and a 4T80E Transmission. When you ...
    indmny is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Code PO94

HELP PLEASE,

I have a Cadillac Eldorado 1994 with a 4.6 liter Northstar engine and a 4T80E Transmission. When you are driving the service engine light comes on and it shifts into second gear I believe. It will not come out of second gear. Have taken the car to a transmission shop and they said it was the solenoids, they did change them and while on test drive (city driving) the problem seemed solved. On the way home using freeway traffic the same problem was back. Cleared all codes and the only code that comes up is PO94. Took it to a Cadillac dealer and they diagnosed it saying the solenoids were bad. Told them that a transmission shop had already replaced them once. Took it back to the transmission shop and they replaced them once again, but it did not solve the problem. Car shifts fine when you start out but then the light comes on and it shifts into second gear. Now the car will shift into second and stay in second in city or freeway traffic. If you shut car off it does reset itself. Have checked all wiring from PCM to Transmission and have taken pan off and checked wiring to solenoids.

Any Help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You
    Dillis
    e-mail Dillis74@aol.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sparkling3usus is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Code PO94

This may be a dumb question but,,here goes anyway. When i replaced my selonoids, i had to use the kit,,its an l bracket. I forgot to put it on the first time,,,and had kinda the same prob your having. When i went back in and put the bracket on the problem was solved. Hope that was a little helpful.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.