Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Keyless Entry Programming...E-bay

Cleveland Seville 95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 STS

Keyless Entry Programming...E-bay

My remote entry had a can of soda spilled on it a while back. Only two buttons now work. The plastic is cracked and the buttons are faded. I think its time for a new one.

The dealer wants $170.00 for a new keyless entry remote and that includes the "programming".

However, I see on e-bay you can buy them for 20-30 bucks, but there is really not much information on how to program the darn thing.

I have a 95 Seville SLS. If I bought one of these off e-bay, would I be able to program it myself? I have heard you can do this with Seville models before 1998. Anyone have any links or know how on how I can program a new keyless entry unit? Or will this have to be done by the dealer?

-Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville

Re: Keyless Entry Programming...E-bay

Here's how to do it. No dealer needed for your vintage Caddy. (some later models require the stoopid scan tool to reprogram the key fobs).

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cad94rke.html

Patrick7997 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade, 07 Road King, 08 Challenger SRT8

Re: Keyless Entry Programming...E-bay

Great Link, thu.

I was told it had to be done at a stealership.... great to know. I only have 1 remote, and it's for driver #2, which kinda sucks... it'd be great to have 2, programmed for #1 and #2, so that my memory seat & mirrors & such would work correctly. So now I can!!!

Thanks a lot. Appreciate that.