How to get codes?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, How to get codes? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just joined the other day and doing alot of reading. Just trying to learn about my '98 STS. BTW, I ...
    GodsGreenCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How to get codes?

Just joined the other day and doing alot of reading. Just trying to learn about my '98 STS. BTW, I am a first time Caddy owner . I see a few threads on cars throwing codes, but I can not locate where everyone is getting the codes from. I checked my dash info area and not really coming up with anything. This could be good though if I do not see anything. I started checking into the owners manual, but that thing is over 300 pages and I do not like to read.... LOL!! I also ordered the service manual and will have that Friday afternoon. For the most part, I have found alot of info I need to know about this car. Look forward to future posting. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Re: How to get codes?

To the left of your gauges where you have the 3 buttons (Info, info reset, and on/off), hold down info ^ and the on/off button together, after a few seconds your dash will light up, and it will say "All Codes?" Press the on/off button to indicate yes, and your car will run through all the codes. At the end it will say "All clear codes?" Press on/off, and all old codes will be cleared out. You can go here to find out what your codes mean http://www.obdii.com/codes.asp

By the way, welcome to the forums

GodsGreenCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I will check that out tomorrow. I see lots a questions and alot of headaches in my future though. Not with problems, but on what I want to do with the car.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

See post #5 by JimD. It is a little more detailed.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ighlight=Codes

youngrudy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 STS

Quote Originally Posted by gary88
    To the left of your gauges where you have the 3 buttons (Info, info reset, and on/off), hold down info ^ and the on/off button together, after a few seconds your dash will light up, and it will say "All Codes?" Press the on/off button to indicate yes, and your car will run through all the codes. At the end it will say "All clear codes?" Press on/off, and all old codes will be cleared out. You can go here to find out what your codes mean http://www.obdii.com/codes.asp

By the way, welcome to the forums
    I have a 97 STS and I do not see theses buttons you are talking about. The only buttons I see relevant are the ones at the top of my middle console which are "Trip Reset" "Info Reset" "Info" "Fuel Door" "Trunk". What do I need to do to get codes for my car?

jkindley is offline Cadillac Owners Member

On a 97 STS press the Off button on the Airconditioner and the Passanger Warmer button at the same time. The IPC will cycle through all of the codes and then allow you to do things to the onbord computers. Press the Auto button to switch back to normal.

Jim

youngrudy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 STS

Quote Originally Posted by jkindley
    On a 97 STS press the Off button on the Airconditioner and the Passanger Warmer button at the same time. The IPC will cycle through all of the codes and then allow you to do things to the onbord computers. Press the Auto button to switch back to normal.

Jim
    Ok. I was able to pull these codes and research the meaning and this is what I got...

PCM 0404 History - EGR control circuit out of range
    IPC B1910 Current - Generator L - Terminal Open Circuit
    ACM B1347 Current - Very Low Refrigerant Warning
    ACM B1348 History - Very Low Refrigerant Pressure
    PZM B0533 History - Fuel Sensor Open/Shorted to B+
    PZM B1552 History - Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error
    PZM B1558 History - BCM EPROM Checksum Error
    PZM B1971 History - Inadvertent Power
    PZM B2470 History - Cellular Phone Antenna Circuit (2000+)
    PZM B2471 Current - Interior Lamp Fault
    PZM B1983 History - Device Power Circuit Low
    PZM B2473 History - High Beam Fault

I put the current ones in bold because I assume they are current problems and the history ones are past problems (if not please let me know). Now of the current ones I am aware of all but IPC B1910. What does this mean, and how do I erase the codes? At the end, all that appeared was "PCM?". Also for B2471, how can this be fixed?

mikepines is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am interested in this also. I, too am new to the boards. Thanks for the info on getting the codes. All of my codes had the word history after them. What does that mean? I am here to try to troubleshoot the stabiilty reduced problem on a 1997 sts.

Thx.

mikepines is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ok, I figured it out thanks to the great posts on here and cleared all the codes out.

Thanks Ranger.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.