Heated Seats...Clicking Noises in Dash!??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Heated Seats...Clicking Noises in Dash!?? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just bought a 95 Seville SLS and love it. My first Caddy!! Car is almost perfect, but has a ...
    Cleveland Seville 95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 STS

Question Heated Seats...Clicking Noises in Dash!??

I just bought a 95 Seville SLS and love it. My first Caddy!! Car is almost perfect, but has a few small mysteries.

When the drivers side seat heats all the way up, only on the high setting, a constant clicking noise can be heard in and around the dash/gauge panel. It will go away of you turn the heat off. If you turn the seat back on the low heat setting its fine.

Any ideas?

Fuse? Relay? Demons?

Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

99esteees is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Heated Seats...Clicking Noises in Dash!??

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Seville 95
    I just bought a 95 Seville SLS and love it. My first Caddy!! Car is almost perfect, but has a few small mysteries.

When the drivers side seat heats all the way up, only on the high setting, a constant clicking noise can be heard in and around the dash/gauge panel. It will go away of you turn the heat off. If you turn the seat back on the low heat setting its fine.

Any ideas?

Fuse? Relay? Demons?

Jeff
    I think it's a common thing. Mine does it as well, except my drivers side doesn't heat. It doesn't do it when the passenger seat heater is on though.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Mine's done the same thing since I got it a year ago. I don't know what relay it is and why, and until something dies I probably won't care what the deal is. But if someone else knows they can feel free to share.

Ur7x is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 STS

I don't know where it is on a '95 but your problem is the seat relay, on 98's and newer its under the driver seat... When it does its thing it clicks... sometimes it sounds like it is coming from the door, sometimes from the dash, sometimes from under the seat... sounds can be confusing...
    Attached Images

WarrenJ is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC Sequoia

Quote Originally Posted by Ur7x
    I don't know where it is on a '95 but your problem is the seat relay, on 98's and newer its under the driver seat... When it does its thing it clicks... sometimes it sounds like it is coming from the door, sometimes from the dash, sometimes from under the seat... sounds can be confusing...
    Yep, under the seat. It (Heated Seat Relay Module) cycles on and off in response to a temperature sensor in the seat cushion. On LOW heat (I'm guessing) the seat doesn't get hot enough to cause the relay to cycle.

Regards,
    Warren

Cleveland Seville 95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 STS

Thanx Guys.

I too am from the school of thought it it ain't broke yet, don't fix it. I rarely use the seats, and they do only make the noise on the high setting.

But at least now I have piece of mind that many you guys are hearing it too and no one has had a major problem from it. Just wanted to make sure I was not going to char and other wires or pieces parts by ignoring the clicking when seats are on high.

-Jeff

Benjamin Simon is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS V8 1SG with ACC, 99 STS (Sold), 06 CL500 (Wifes)

FYI, it cost me $350 to replace the coils in my 99 STS.

94greencaddysls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 sls

I have a 94 sls and have this issue too but only when the passenger seat is on high. So is there something that can be done or replaced to fix this? Not sure where that coil quote Benjamin Simon.

gordymac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

The element went out in my 2002 Seville STS. Does anyone know where to find the heating element? The Part number?

blackSTS859 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

ever sence i read this post i started to hear the clicking noise and no i dont think the heaters are working

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.