difference in transmissions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, difference in transmissions in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know the difference with the 1994 and 1996 4t80e transmission's. The exchange seems to be from 95-99ish. The ...
    94greencaddysls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 sls

difference in transmissions

Does anyone know the difference with the 1994 and 1996 4t80e transmission's. The exchange seems to be from 95-99ish. The park/neutral safety switch is somewhat different. I installed a 96 deville in my sls and cant get the car to crank over. Will a 1996 work in a 1994? I guess i should have asked this question before i put it in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*

Re: difference in transmissions

I have a 96 Eldorado transmission in my 95 SLS. They should work just fine, so long as you got the right one. STS/ETC and Eldorado/SLS. You problem is probably an electric connection, or the neutral safty switch. Did you hook the shift cable up right? I had to try 3 times to get mine right.

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

make sure tis a bse model deville and not a concours tranny

94greencaddysls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 sls

they both have 3.11 gears so i know that isnt the problem. I would imagine it has to be the way i have the neutral switch hooked up. I do not have the shift cable in yet, i just move the selector on the tranmission manually and havent been able to get it to crank yet. Are there any sensors on the motor that will keep the car from turning over if left unhooked?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.