2000 STS traction light, ABS light, Brake light....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2000 STS traction light, ABS light, Brake light.... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; A few days ago when I went to go drive my car the traction control light came on, so I ...
    IXMestUpKidIX is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2000 STS traction light, ABS light, Brake light....

A few days ago when I went to go drive my car the traction control light came on, so I shut it off and restarted it and it was still on and then the ABS and Brake light came on also. I tried driving it and then it said Service Suspension System and the suspension got tight and the steering wheel also got tight. I couldnt change the speed of the air vents, I also couldnt turn the foglights on and off or the heated seats. With the ABS, Brake and Traction light on, the ABS doesnt work, the traction control and the parking brake will not release when put into gear. There was a whole bunch of faults, probably about 15-20 and there was some that said low voltage so I bought a new battery and it didn't fix it. The car was at the dealer a few weeks ago for a weird memory mirror problem that a Cadillac "Engineer" said was unfixable and then a few days later they called the dealer back and told them to put 2 mirrors on it and it fixed that problem. Did anyone ever have this problem or know what it could be? Do you think the mirror problem had something to do with it. Please help. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

Re: 2000 STS traction light, ABS light, Brake light....

It sounds like a voltage problem. Mine did that, with error codes relating to undervoltage conditions in almost every module accessible by the diagnostic mode. (PCM error, ABS error, TCS error, IPC error, Magnasteer error)

My battery was fried, holding only a weak charge, and I suspect having incorrect internal resistance.

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

It sounds like a voltage problem. Mine did that, with error codes relating to undervoltage conditions in almost every module accessible by the diagnostic mode. (PCM error, ABS error, TCS error, IPC error, Magnasteer error)

My battery was fried, holding only a weak charge, and I suspect having incorrect internal resistance.

Thats what I figured it was but the new battery didnt change it at all

iametarq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): (his) '98 SLS - 195K 09/2011 - (hers) 2012 Ford Escape

has your alternator been checked? or the connections at the battery? just a guess since you said the battery is not charging.

xcaddytech is offline Cadillac Owners Member

alternator or most likly a bad ground if there was any acid leaking replace the cables. they corrode inside the cover and you cant tell till you cut them open. unless you know how to read a ohm meter

The alternator is charging fine. It starts up fine and runs fine. I was reading other threads about this problem and how it said this happens from the ignition, left front hub or the traction control module and I did a battery reset like most people said to do and that didnt work. I just had 3 wheel bearings changed a month ago under warranty from the dealer, It was both fronts and the left rear so I was thinking maybe they could have messed something up but I doubt it. After I did the battery reset I turned the igniton on and off a bunch of times and the abs and brake light stayed off. So i did it a few more times and they all went off. They haven't come back on since last night so I guess my problem must be from the ignition switch. Thanks a lot for your help though.

tstach is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 BMW M5 - Alpine White

I'm guessing that it a bad ignition switch. Based on the problems you are having, it sounds like what I went through. No compass, no ALC, ABS & TC idiot lights came on intermittantly, etc...

The entire problem was intermittant. I would start the car and have these issues. Next time, it would be fine, sometimes for a few days. Then it would happen again. My problem wasn't anything listed above. It was my ignition switch. Replaces it over 3 years ago. No problems since.

There are some posts out on this. Search my user name to find.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.