C clip on FPR - how to remove?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, C clip on FPR - how to remove? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i check my FPR and it does shoot gas when the vacuum is off. i bought a new FPR. but ...
    fpmesiIII is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS (167k)

Question C clip on FPR - how to remove?

i check my FPR and it does shoot gas when the vacuum is off. i bought a new FPR. but when i am trying to remove the C Clip around the FPR i cant, it seems to be stuck, how do your remove it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

Re: C clip on FPR - how to remove?

It slides out one way. Use a screwdriver as leverage (you don't need much force).

Insert into closed and and push handle away from the FPR body. Make it a wide blade to distribute the force. If installed backward, can need pliers or to squeeze from other side.

fpmesiIII is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS (167k)

Re: C clip on FPR - how to remove?

thanks guys, i got it out and the new FPR installed. even though it was like -5 degrees wind chill *frozen hands*. the car runs a lot better with the new FPR we'll see how it does on cold and hot starts, im hoping it resovles the issuse. im sure it will.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.