day time running lights - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, day time running lights in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I mean like all lights....just incase I need to be hidden it might be nice to have...
    the727kid is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC & 1994 Pontiac Firehawk

Re: day time running lights

I mean like all lights....just incase I need to be hidden it might be nice to have

mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC

Quote Originally Posted by the727kid
    I mean like all lights....just incase I need to be hidden it might be nice to have
    Ok, Mr. Bond, Mr. James Bond. One way could be to have a switch that cuts out the positive terminal of the fog lights.

The car does not know if they are on or off, just what position the fog switch is in. With your headlight switch off, foglights off, and twilight sentinel off the DRLs come on.

When you turn on the foglights at night, the DRLs turn off. Hence if you flipped another switch (home-made) that would disable the fogs, you'd become one in the same with the night.

Lol, and how about when the car is in D, it seems that main lights will come on no matter what

Lol, and how about when the car is in D, it seems that main lights will come on no matter what
    That's when you have the Twilight Sentinel slider in any position other than off. If at night, while in D, you slide the switch all the way left (off), the DRLs will illuminate and the message "HEADLAMPS SUGGESTED" will appear.

If you turn on the foglights, the message dissapears. If you turn the fog-light cutoff switch mentioned in my post above -- you will remain stealth.

Umm, even when its all the way to the left off they still go on...even with the fogs off

Umm, even when its all the way to the left off they still go on...even with the fogs off
    I suspect something is wrong then. Twilight Sentinel is what allows your lights to come on when it's dark. If you turn that off, then only DRLs (or foglights, if activated) should come on at night, when in D.

Do you have the FSM?

Just to clarify, the DRLs are the high-beam, and the driving lights are the low-beam. Twilight sentinel turns on the low beam, with TS off, your DRLs would illuminate at reduced intensity (describing the phenomena you mention), when you turn ON the fogs, then the DRLs MUST shut off, to reduce glare in foggy conditions.

Well this is how I drive most of the time....Twighlight all the way off and Fog lights on, during the day I have my fogs and DRLs on and at night my lights go on, this is a pic of it at night

Well this is how I drive most of the time....Twighlight all the way off and Fog lights on, during the day I have my fogs and DRLs on and at night my lights go on, this is a pic of it at night
    At night, if you drive with Twilight Sentinel off, then in order to get your headlights on, you have to manually turn them on by pulling the knob out... Correct?

On that picture your headlights are on... and the car is likely in Park, so the headlights are in the On position.

My suggestions are with the headlights in the off position (knob all the way in) and Twilight Sentinel all the way left to where it clicks (off). Fog lights on (green indicator on). In this condition nothing should be on except your foglights. This would be a safety measure since you don't want your headlights or brights on, if there's fog as it would cause glare. If the low or high beams remain on, regardless... then something is wrong.

Those look pretty white... what kind of bulbs are in there? Sylvania Silverstars?

Yea

MrEr1c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillacboy
    I think it's a good equipment and I love DRL but I think for some anti-DRL lovers there should be a button to turn it on and off just like traction control button
    that would be horrible!

if i wanted to completely turn my DRL off, i would still want to be able to start in first gear...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.