Im a nerd... I just sat in my car for half an hour with no good reason... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Im a nerd... I just sat in my car for half an hour with no good reason... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yup, I went through all the hassle. No way it costs that much, I was charged $140 to put in ...
    the727kid is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC & 1994 Pontiac Firehawk

Re: Im a nerd... I just sat in my car for half an hour with no good reason...

Yup, I went through all the hassle. No way it costs that much, I was charged $140 to put in a Flip-out, that included an AV calble to run to through the car, a bypass switch to watch while I drive, the dash kit (special ordered), and to install the head unit and the brain. Shouldn't be more than $60 for you just to get it installed. The speakers are the hard part though, if you want to keep them you have to buy a Bose Interface ($180) to make them work properly. If you want all new speakers (which is better) you would need to re-wire the whole car. I would reccomend an Amp for the speakers also, instead of running it off the head-unit.

DGUT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dooman
    I have to agree with you there. All types of music sound great. I listen to every range of music between my wife and I and our 18 year old daughter, all sound great. I spent about $2200 on my Ram for JL and Alpine and still don't feel the quality of the Bose sound in the STS.
    I also put alpine and jl in my 94. The sound wasn't great, so I had them upgrade to higher end alpine and jl. Total cost to do it "right" cost me about $3,600. If you use the lower end stuff it just isn't worth it. The system in their now is magnigicant, rivaling my home system. The CLARITY is "sick". I have to have it transfered to my "new" Eldo now.

the727kid is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC & 1994 Pontiac Firehawk

YOU SPENT $3600????? WHAT DID YOU BUY????? I could do my whole system, amps, subs, speakers and custom neon plexiglass vinly tv trunk for $3600...and it would all be the best of the best...

bigmutt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Whats funny is that I believe the complete opposite. I think Bose is really completely overhyped when it comes to home audio products except for maaayybe their 901 Loudspeaker that generated so much buzz back in the day. HOWEVER, where their experience pushing sound out of small spaces SHINES of course IS in car audio.
    Yes, I totally agree. Among home audiophiles, Bose is a bit of a joke, but in the cars (and other small spaces, like "playdrv4me" said) .......... wow !!
    From '98 onward, that is.

" I came for the ride, power & luxury but I stayed for the Bose 4.0"
    ....... meaning, I wasn't aware of the bonus I got until after I bought my '99 SLS and drove her home (Houston to Toronto to Mexico City) and luckily had brought a few CD's with me on the plane to Houston. If she ever dies on me (mechanically) I think I'll park her in my living room, beside my $5,000 home audio system.

99esteees is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I wasn't all that impressed with my 97's sound system. However, I just bought a 99 STS outright, and I have to say I am astounded at the quality of it. It is crystal clear and hits just right. It is very bassy for being a factory system and I have no complaints.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I think the BOSE system in my 2000 STS sounds lovely.
    It's certainly the best sounding factory radio system I have ever heard.

It could do with more bass for songs that have a strong bass line although it still has some of the strongest bass I've heard in a facotry fit system. But for the sort of stuff I listen to (Power Ballads and the like) it sounds A1.
    I even think the Prodigy album "Fat of the Land" sounds good in it (which surprised me).

Vocals and strings are first rate.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.