older sevilles with keyless entry, do your lights/horn honk when locking or unlockin? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, older sevilles with keyless entry, do your lights/horn honk when locking or unlockin? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So just cut the diode out all together and leave this wire sniped. If so that will be good because ...
    whiteseville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: older sevilles with keyless entry, do your lights/horn honk when locking or unlockin?

So just cut the diode out all together and leave this wire sniped. If so that will be good because I can use that diode.

I dont want the head lights to flash so just parking lights and horn, or just parking lights will work.

Also how do I know which pin is D, on the RKE moduale it is numberd not letterd.I don't mean to bother you but I just want to do this right.

I will go to radioshack tommorow and ask for a diode, what kind or size or does it not matter.

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Re: older sevilles with keyless entry, do your lights/horn honk when locking or unloc

Pin D will be on that little diode pack in the harness. It should be the one with the light blue wire attached. You still need it for the other stuff, so it must stay connected as it is. The diode you get doesn't REALLY matter, were not dealing with major amounts of current. Overkill is always a plus, especially when a 3amp diode costs $1.39 for a pack of two You can't go wrong there.

I'm hoping it's not gonna be too much of a chore to find that diode pack in the harness. It would be nice to make the alarm not work against your HID kit. sesshoumaru562, did you do anything about that, or are your headlights still configured to blink with the alarm triggered?

Re: older sevilles with keyless entry, do your lights/horn honk when locking or unlockin?

OK will get the diode and retry. Not haveing the diode as I said before, thats why the relay clicked with the door mounted switch.

Re: older sevilles with keyless entry, do your lights/horn honk when locking or unloc

Any luck at Radio Shack? Or do you want to try the second relay method?

I got the diodes, there were a bunch of diffrent ones so I got a three pack for $1.79. It snowed alot on sunday and I had work yesterday and today so I will try tomorrow and let you know.

Cool, let me know how you make out. You'll know if you install the diode backwards when your RKE won't lock the doors, and everything STLL makes the relay click. If that happens, just flip it around.

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

So, in order to make just the lights come on without the horn, would I just need to cut the black wire in pin B of the diode pack?

I think I might do this to my car too... probably not this weekend though... maybe next weekend.

There's another way to do it for just lights. Somewhere in the relay centers in the trunk is a relay for the parking lights. It's a solid Dark Blue wire. I would trace it as close as I could to the relay, since theres another dark blue wire in there that could be confused with it. You have three choices, and two are correct (one goes to the alarm, one to the headlight switch) If you make a mistake, your defogger grid and heated mirrors will momentarily turn on then off every time you lock your car. Not exactly a useful mod, but easy enough to remidy. Make sure you get the SOLID dark blue wire, otherwise you could get some "interesting" things to happen when you lock your car with the RKE.

Davesmed I just tried it again and relized that I mixed up the black and white wire with the one from the RKE module and not the alarm module. Apperently there is a black and white wire there also.

I did get it to work and am very happy except with one think. The signal from the remote is to long.The horn goes woooooooooooook realy long about three seconds. The headlights flash on and off and dont flash twice so I don't know if this is a problem for the hid but if I cut the wire B to the horn relay will the stop it( as stated above).

Oh and is it supposed to flash only when locking because It doesnt do it when I unlock it( if possible is there a wire that I can tap into to get it o work when I lock or unlock it).

Thanks for all this help.

No problem. I wouldn't cut wire B like mentioned before, as that just would leave blinking lights for the factory alarm. There is a parking light relay right there in the relay center luckily! That solves the HID issue AND the horn. I posted which wire to move it to above, one of the two dark blue wires coming out of the relay center by the parking light relay.

Also, feel secure in knowing you hurt absolutely nothing by mixing up the black and white wire. The one to the RKE module was merely a ground.

I did make it only work on lock, as I thought that was sufficient with the domelights being on for unlock as someone mentioned before. If you would rather have it for lock and unlock, It's going to require a total of 4 diodes (so naturally they sell them in packs of three. )

Well I appreciate your help.There is posibbly no way to shorten the horn though, maybe a cut off relay of some sort.A wonk is better than a woooooooonk .

Like you said above just find that blue wire and tap into that.Which is the parkinglight relay by the way.Makeing both lock and unlock flash would be great also, so if your up to posting instruction im always up for another project . I just don't want to be a nusance to you.

And when I am all done and satisfied I will post up a shortend how to thread with all props to you.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteseville
    Well I appreciate your help.There is posibbly no way to shorten the horn though, maybe a cut off relay of some sort.A wonk is better than a woooooooonk .http://cadillacforums.com/forums/new...reply&p=599276

Like you said above just find that blue wire and tap into that.Which is the parkinglight relay by the way.Makeing both lock and unlock flash would be great also, so if your up to posting instruction im always up for another project . I just don't want to be a nusance to you.

And when I am all done and satisfied I will post up a shortend how to thread with all props to you.
    Ah making lock and unlock flash is easy 4 diodes, two for the lock side, and two for the unlock side and thats done. That horn legenth though... Hmm. I might be able to use a capacitor to act as a time delay for the horn relay, so it would disconnect it after a short period of time. (in that three second window) That one would take some thinking though.

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmed
    No problem. I wouldn't cut wire B like mentioned before, as that just would leave blinking lights for the factory alarm...
    Sorry for veering slightly off topic but,
    How do you get the alarm to sound?... I tried just to see if it worked and I couldn't get it to do anything...

You arm the alarm with your KER and then open the door from the inside.

Davesmed about the four diode way, how and what wires. I will be on my way to radio shack tommorow to get more diodes and will try it if I know exactly how.I do have work but I might be able to try this quickly. Once again I don't mean to be a nusance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.