older sevilles with keyless entry, do your lights/horn honk when locking or unlockin? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, older sevilles with keyless entry, do your lights/horn honk when locking or unlockin? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; As a matter of fact I don't have work this friday, Ill try it then....
    whiteseville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: older sevilles with keyless entry, do your lights/horn honk when locking or unlockin?

As a matter of fact I don't have work this friday, Ill try it then.

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Re: older sevilles with keyless entry, do your lights/horn honk when locking or unloc

Quote Originally Posted by whiteseville
    Thanks though for checking if it worked.
    Ah, no problem. I'm kinda curious as to how the legnth of the chirp is gonna work out myself. Good luck with it!

Btw I found an E24 for sale. Might be looking into that....

Re: older sevilles with keyless entry, do your lights/horn honk when locking or unlockin?

My two favorite auto makers, Cadillac and BMW.

And as for the e24 all I can say is "sweetness".Is it a M6 by any chance.I also sent you a pm.

sesshoumaru562 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm happy without either lights or horns. =) I have hid installed and that would ruin my bubls if they flash like that.

I have HID's to but the way davesmed showed me only makes my parking lights flash and horn honk.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

If you do that mod, see if you can't get some pics along the way. Might try it myself eventually.

Re: older sevilles with keyless entry, do your lights/horn honk when locking or unloc

Hmm. My mod makes whatever normally occurs when you trip the factory alarm occur for the short lock pulse, as I use a relay to isolate the locks from the alarm output, and the diode to isolate the keyless entry output from the rest of the locks (so you dont chirp every time you push the lock button in the car, shift from park, etc). You might want to check and make SURE whatever your particular car does when the factory alarm is triggered is acceptable, more for the sake of if your factory alarm goes off a few times in a row due to a fault, and the HIDs were connected to it, those things would be toast!!! If modification is needed (on the keyless mod side AND your factory alarm side...) Let me know. There is a diode trio buried in the harness in the trunk somewhere that connects all the alarm outputs to the alarm module, and leeps the outputs isolated from each other. Snipping the leg of the headlight diode (if there is one) would fix that. Alternately, anyone that wants JUST a parking light flash, I can do that too.

Davesmed I tried the mod and relized I don't know what diode is. What is this and where can I get one.

I do need this right. I hooked the wires up and get the relay to click with the RKE. It will also click with the door locks and the lights and horn dont flash. You said the relay isn't supposed to click with the door lock switch so what went wrong.

I hooked up the 85 lead to the blue wire at the end and left the wire together.The black and white wire is at the end also.

If my alarm goes off the head lights do flash on and off. Are you saying that when I actavate the locks with the RKE the head lights will flash also or just the parking lights.

Diodes act as a one way check valve for electronics. With the diode installed, the signal from the door locks wouldn't "flow back" to the relay. That means so far, you got everything right on the relay control side. The headlights will act exactly like the alarm is going off for that short pulse, which upon looking into it means parking lights, headlights, and horn. Since headlights flashing is pretty undesirable with HIDs in either situation, How about killing two birds with one stone? If you can find the factory diode trio, you can disable the headlight flash for the RKE mod AND the factory alarm. I'm looking for something that might tell you where to look for it now.

Did you try hooking into the alarm module wires yet? Or just the relay connections so far?

Also, if you don't have a diode handy (I save them by cannablizing old electronics that might have large useful ones) you could use another relay. Would that be a better option?

Found a few things that might help.

Snipping the Light blue wire at pin D of the diode pack would disable the headlights from flashing with the RKE mod or factory alarm.

The Diode pack is located here:

well where can I get a diode. Dose radioshack have them or a junk car. What do they go in.

Also how can I put in another relay.

Davesmed can you maybe simplofy the wireing diagram you posted. I don't uderstand where the diode is and which wire to cut. I am not that good at reading diagrams like that, but explaining it is much better.

RatShack will have diodes, and they cost about a buck. The other relay would get wired in right behind the first, and could be used to isolate the circut in the same way the diode would. For the second relay, cut the wire coming off of pin 85 of the already installed relay, and connect it to pins 85 and 30 of the new relay. Pin 86 to ground, and pin 87 to the other end of the cut wire that runs into the harness.

The important diagram is that second location one. It looks like the diode pack for the alarm system is buried in the car harness. Luckily, it looks relatively easy to get to, you might be able to get to the harness by removing the door sill from the drivers side rear door jamb and looking right at the leading edge of the bottom cushion of the back seat. If it ends up too much of a pain in the butt and your willing to leave the alarm operation as-is despite the HIDs, I can modify the diagram to make it parking lights only easily, but the horn chirp turns into a pain in the butt (but doable if you want to find the wire...). I figured since ANY rapid flashing of HIDs is not a good thing, you might want to disable that completely. All you need to do once you find that little cube in the harness is cut the Light Blue wire.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.