Needed: Stereo wire harness diagram!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Needed: Stereo wire harness diagram!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I need to find a wire harness diagram for the BOSE stereo system used in the 97 STS. There are ...
    97STS4ME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville STS, Black

Needed: Stereo wire harness diagram!!!

I need to find a wire harness diagram for the BOSE stereo system used in the 97 STS. There are no audio shops here that can get one for me. They've all tried and were unsuccessful. I even tried the local Cadillac dealership, and they were unwilling to look one up for me!!!! Can anyone help me find a site where I might get one? Or does anyone have one they can email me? I really need to get the wires in this system straight. Ill be selling the car soon, and im sure it would be worth a little more if the power antenna worked. But I cant figure out which wire is for the antenna. And im not about to go poking around in the dash with a 12V lead from the battery and fry something.
    Can anyone help? Or does anyone know which wires are which off the top of their head? Remember this is for the BOSE system.
    Thanks in advance to any one who replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: Needed: Stereo wire harness diagram!!!

couldnt you just follow the wire from the power antenna to the cars harness?

James86coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I can get you the diagram, the college im going to has a database for everything for automotive repair, i will get the diagram for you as soon as i can, i will have to print it off and then scan it into the computer or you can email me your address so i could sent it to you, email me at jameso2003@hotmail.com

WarrenJ is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC Sequoia

I don't want to steer you wrong here, so please keep in mind this comes from a 1995 owner. However, Cadillac often carries over design schemes through many revision years.

For 1995 model year vehicles, the power antenna is operated from the trunk mounted radio chassis and it doesn't matter whether or not it's a Bose system. In fact, if you have the Bose system, the antenna power voltage is the same voltage that operates the 2 relays that power up the LEFT and RIGHT channel Bose power relays! I suspect it might be similar or even the same in your car.

In that event, all the wiring is in the trunk.

Note in the attached drawing that the radio chassis powers the antenna through a dark green wire. A second dark green wire denoted by the letter "A" enclosed in an inverted triangle goes off to power the 2 Bose relays that supply power to the speaker mounted Bose amplifiers.

I'd expect you'd find something similar or, perhaps, even the same in your car.

See: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...t/AntRelay.jpg

Regards,
    Warren

97STS4ME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville STS, Black

Thanks for the help guys, but all I need to know is what's in the dash.
    James86coupe My email is : K_Kar_Kooter@hotmail.com if you can find anything that would be great.

I really dont want to have to run new wires all over the car just to make a simple aftermarket stereo work. If I can figure out the wires in the dash I can hook the stereo up to the existing factory amps and be done with it.

rfishing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

somebody posted schematics on here before, I have these saved on my hard drive but the size is too big for uploading to this message. There are 2 images, the antenna one is already given previously by Warren. I can email you the other. Hope this year will help you.

slamncaddydoes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Sedan Deville

I recently changed out my factory radio in my 93 deville to an aftermarket Sony. I thought about have a radio shop install it, but I was being cheap they wanted approx. $65-75. Since I didn't purchase from them

The solution I visited Circuit City.com and looked for a wire harness for my vehicle. THe part I purchesed pluged right into my harness within the dash.

I went outside I already had my factory radio out plugged the harness in it fitted perfect. Only thing there were several wires coming from the aftermarket radio that I would have spent hours matching which wires went in each slot of the harness from the dash, So I went back into Circuit City and purchase another wire harness for my after market radio, and it went right in everything worked just like the factory radio including antenna.

each harness was about $18

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.