95 SLS Monroe strut/shock #'s?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 95 SLS Monroe strut/shock #'s? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi guys, I'm planning on replacing the struts and air shocks. I've spent the day going thru alot of past ...
    rooski41 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question 95 SLS Monroe strut/shock #'s?

Hi guys,

I'm planning on replacing the struts and air shocks. I've spent the day going thru alot of past posts on the subject. I've desided to go with the Monroe's and plan to get the resisters to trick the ride control system.
    I have a 95 SLS w/the Northstar. There is some talk that a 95 Bonneville has the same specs.
    Can someone verify this for me?

I think the Monroe numbers that should work are 71801(rear) and 71854(front).
    I understand KYB has a front strut #236007 that is a possible replacement also.
    How about 22189452 for a front and 22189458 for the rear in AC/Delco.

Thanks Guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Re: 95 SLS Monroe strut/shock #'s?

Just so you know: Resistors do NOT work to trick the RSS module on n* powered caddies from the years 94-97, and the 97 and up ones need a special kind of resistor. Your car would need inductive coils to trick the RSS module and keep the SRC light from coming up. This is because the module does not measure the resistance that the current encounters, but rather it measures the inductive frequency from the dampering valves to see if the valves are operating correctly. What I would recommend is that you remove the dampering valves from your old shocks and struts and leave them plugged in to trick the RSS module, because most passive systems don't come with the inductive coils and therefore can't trick the module. Many of the companies that make passive systems will tell you a procedure to save a value into the IPC so that it doesn't know there is RSS anymore and it won't show the SRC message. I don't like this procedure because nobody knows if it can be reversed and if you do it with the wrong value, you will probably fry the IPC module.

Well anyways, Hope this helps.

Hey Thanks!

Maybe that explains why I' ve had trouble finding the passives for the 95. The dealer told me GM made them for the Deville but not the Seville.

So Krashed989, what strut make did you go with?

Pjs
    Pjs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rooski41
    Hi guys,
    ...Can someone verify this for me?
    I think the Monroe numbers that should work are 71801(rear) and 71854(front).
    I understand KYB has a front strut #236007 that is a possible replacement also.
    How about 22189452 for a front and 22189458 for the rear in AC/Delco.
    Thanks Guys
    I've asked the same question before and no one verified. I too came up with the 71584 / 71801 from Monroe, however, they list 2 different struts for the 94 and nothing for the 95. My car was built in 9/94 so maybe it's got the 94 suspension on it. As I'd have to special order these and they wouldn't be returnable, I'd like to know before I buy. Any help would be more than appreciated.

Yeah... Pepboys said they would have to order the fronts. those are around 100.00 each. I dont have the option of having the car down fora week or 2 to take the old ones for a search and compare outting.
    I went with the Strutmaster package for 549.00 shipped.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.