99 seville 100% tranny life since day one
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 99 seville 100% tranny life since day one in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 75,000 kms on a 99 seville. The in-dash transmission life monitor has not budged off 100% since the car was ...
    padosd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question 99 seville 100% tranny life since day one

75,000 kms on a 99 seville.
    The in-dash transmission life monitor has not budged off 100% since the car was put on the road. However, there are no codes stored in any of the modules. I can't find a bulletin dealing with this either. I will be changing the transmission fluid at 83,000 kms. Anyone else with the same problem?
    Just curious,

Dave :coolgleam

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dubya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 99 seville 100% tranny life since day one

95 aurora

in 2 years its stayed at 100%

i think they say change the fluid every 60k

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya
    95 aurora

in 2 years its stayed at 100%

i think they say change the fluid every 60k
    60k miles = 100k kms

customcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 1999 seville does that too 100% tranny life ever since ive had it.

Bob_B is offline Cadillac Owners Member

98 Aurora, been 100% since I bought it in September 2001. Had 43K then, 55k now.

Bob

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Do not change that fluid! The transmission fluid in new Cadillacs are good for the life of the car. I think they started this in the mid-90's on the STS at least. You are not to change the fluid just call the dealer and ask. My 98 I had was this way and I was instructed and read some where that the tranny fluid was for the life of the car.

padosd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My authentic GM Service Manual states (GMP/99-K-1):

Maintenance and Lubrication:

80 000 km (50,000 Miles)

-Change the automatic transmission fluid and filter if the vehicle is mainly driven under one or more of these conditions:

-In heavy traffic where the outside temperature reaches 32 Celsius (90 Farenheit) or higher.
    -In hilly or mountaneous terrain.
    -Uses such as high performance operation.

If the vehicle is not used under any of these conditions, change the fluid and filter at 166 000 km (100,000 Miles)

I have not yet seen anything on lifetime a/t fluid for the 99 seville. Is there a gm service tech on the board that could confirm this?

Dave

4155FHA is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by padosd
    75,000 kms on a 99 seville.
    The in-dash transmission life monitor has not budged off 100% since the car was put on the road. However, there are no codes stored in any of the modules. I can't find a bulletin dealing with this either. I will be changing the transmission fluid at 83,000 kms. Anyone else with the same problem?
    Just curious,

Dave :coolgleam
    I have a '99. It had creapt down to 98% until my firstb servicing and then has been at 100% ever since. I've asked them to fix it at the dealer but so far nothing gets done.

Well I owned a 98 model and I asked the dealer about it and they told me it was good for the life of the car. I was then reading on some message boards the same thing. Here is a link were some one speaks of this also:

http://www.epinions.com/content_59809304196

I don't know about pre 98 but my car did not need it changed at all. Oh and I have a freind that still has a 98 with 100% life and around 60K miles on his car. He was told that his fluid was for the life of the car also!

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

If the counter doesn't move after you put 100,000 on the car, just change the filter and fluid and be done with it. Since I never buy new, I change it when I get the car to be on the safe side. After all, what is the life of a car? I've seen 'em with over 100,000 on the clock and they're like new and I've also seen them with 30,000 and they look like they were used in the Battle of the Bulge.

Life of the car means life of the car! If mine had around 50-60K on it and it had 100% I don't see why it would not be that way close to 100K if the car was not towing or driving up steep inclines. If you have a pre-98 model change it but if you have a 98 up don't just go to the dealer or call them and ask. If it is 98 up it may use a different type of tranny fluid than Dextron III. Look all I know is that I did not have to change mine and others were told the same thing.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

I think everyone believes what youre saying Rueben, were just asking for some sort of conclusive confirmation of this by a GM service tech or by some sort of service manual. Not having to change that fluid is all the better if that is truly the case.

1toycad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

My 1999 SLS with 24K mile is also "stuck" at 100% tranny fluid life.

What gives?

Have any of the board's GM gurus com eup with an answer to this question?

Like most people, I am concerned about keeping lubricants and other fluids in for long intervals.

Any other thoughts on this issue?

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

My '98 still indicated 100% life remaining when I changed the fluid at 125,000 miles. Twelve dollars for a case of Dexron-III is cheap insurance.

1toycad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JimD
    My '98 still indicated 100% life remaining when I changed the fluid at 125,000 miles. Twelve dollars for a case of Dexron-III is cheap insurance.
    Jim, I agree that it is cheap insurance. In that case, shouldn't we change it at an even earlier interval?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.