Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Replacing instrument cluster in a 92 STS

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  jump_and_drop 
#1 ·
So I'm pretty sure my cluster is going out on my Seville. The electronic read-out gets all glitchy (the display gets really messed up) sometimes when it's working but most of the time the display isn't working. Lately the heat has been turning on and the buttons don't do anything unless I hit it enough. The gas gauge is also starting get a bit wonky as well. I figure it's about time to get it fixed. I just want to double check that I use the right part. From what I've read about (mostly on here) is that 92 - 95 Seville and Eldorado Instrument panels should work, but they have different engine sizes after 92. I also noticed there was a bit of difference in some of the instrument panels (one has a timer button, but mine doesn't.) So I just want to hear some thoughts. Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
Alright, I did a bit more research today and found that the pin out does seem to be the same with the ones that use the 4.9 liter without the heated windshield. I found that the 1992-93 Seville and the 1992-1995 Eldorado have the basically the same speedometers. So anyone know if they should since they look the same? I'm just worried that if I get a newer one the cluster won't be compatible.

UPDATE: I ordered an 1995 eldorado speedometer for cheap. I'll update when I find out how it works. Just want to point out again everything looks very similar and the pin-out looks to be exactly the same.

#3 ·
Alright just thought I would throw out that I hooked it up today and everything worked! The layout was a bit different and I think it came from a 95 4.6 liter Seville so I ended up getting nervous it wouldn't work. The speedometer goes to 150 mph rather than 130 so I will have to double check the speed isn't off at all, and the rpm redlines earlier in the 92, but since it's an automatic it won't be an issue. Also it says traction control is off which isn't an issue either. If anyone wants some pictures I can get some as well. There's a couple features that were added as well too! I'm really glad I went with a newer one. Only ended up costing $40 shipped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.