Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post Engine Swap Bugs/Issues

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rodnok01 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, i was hoping i could get some insight to some issues i am having after replacing the motor due to the infamous head gasket issue. After having a friend complete the swap the car drives fine except for a rough idle which i think is due to an intake gasket not being seeded correctly. The more important issues i am having i will describe below with attached visuals, although they are strictly electric so i am assuming there could be some faulty sensors that were connected.

1. For my "gauge cluster" picture, the following items are not working at all: Speedometer, Tachometer, Trip odometers, and the display that keeps track of the total miles on the bottom left of the picture. Also, none of the other information on the DIC message area works either (outside temp, battery voltage, instant mpg, total mpg, etc...) the only thing that shows up is the "check tire pressure" and "service air bag" message. The actual Temperature and Gas gauge work fine.

2. For the rear view "mirror" picture, it does not display the direction in the top right corner, and the On Star buttons are not activated, in addition to there being a red light displayed, rather than a green light.

3. For the images that show both of the "DIC Buttons", none of them work at all to display any of the information that is normally found within the actual DIC message display.

4. My Reverse Sensing system along with the "3-Dot" display above the rear seat is not working when i put the car in reverse.

5. When i try to use my blinkers, they do not work. I only get the front blinker lamp to stay on constantly (until i have either completed a turn or turn the blinker stick off on the steering column), but none of the rear blinker lamps function at all.

6. I went to use my emergency brake last night, and when i was leaving and put my car into gear, the pedal itself did not return to its normal position. I had to get under the dash on the drivers side and manually unlock it by pulling on the yellow safety tab located behind it.

I have not come up with any other issues that i could think of after driving it around the past few days, but these are the main issues i have thus far. Any information/insight/advice would be very grateful and much appreciated.
Thanks guys!!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Please Help....Post Engine Swap Bugs/Issues

It seems like there's a Class II communications issue. Are you able to pull codes?
I am not able to pull any codes from the DIC buttons, and i dont have a handheld code scanner. I will try to stop by and Advanced Auto Parts and see if they are able to pull anything and post with an update when that is complete

----------

Emergency brake not releasing and rough idle point to vacuum leak. Some hose not connected?
I checked under the hood and everything seemed to be connected, but will do some double checking just to make sure.

#5 · (Edited)
Re: Please Help....Post Engine Swap Bugs/Issues

Emergency brake not releasing and rough idle point to vacuum leak. Some hose not connected?
--------------------------
parking brake release not vacuum operated in an 02 Seville -

=========================

assuming nothing was done on the inside of the car -
I suspect a couple/few GROUNDS were not re-connected -

or something was knocked loose at the under hood fuse box -

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.