Frameless window adjustment '02 ETC
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Frameless window adjustment '02 ETC in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've found the two adjustment screws at the base of the glass after removing the door panel. Now I just ...
    Lewis98272 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado ETC 85k miles / Past: '03 Deville; '02 STS

Frameless window adjustment '02 ETC

I've found the two adjustment screws at the base of the glass after removing the door panel. Now I just need to know if there is a special trick to adjust the window. Surely there has to be a better way than to do it the hard way like I'm sure I have been doing. I took the door panel off, adjusted the screws, and took the car for a drive. No more of that rubber popping noise, now just the air leak. Pulled over, adjusted some more, and took off again. Air leak and popping noise gone from drivers door. Get home, get out of the car, close door, and door won't close all the way, take the door panel off again and readjust the adjustment screws, shut door, and it shuts fine. Took the car out again and I've got a freaking air leak again. Very frustrating, very time consuming, and wasting a lot of fuel doing it this way. Is there another way or technique you all know of and can explain to me in lay mans terms. I haven't even started on the passenger window yet, god forbid the sunroof... Need some help please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Frameless window adjustment '02 ETC

I think trial and error is the only way, but first be sure that you do not have a worn hinge pin. With the door open, grab the trailing edge somewhere and try lifting it. Look for play in the hinge.

Lewis98272 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '02 Eldorado ETC 85k miles / Past: '03 Deville; '02 STS

Yes sir, I did that first. The door is as solid as I think she's ever been. Not a hint of play.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Might try stopping by a local body shop and ask them. They should have lots of experience and may be able to give you a tip or two. Might even do it for you if the panel is off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.