Cadillac Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

99 SLS Reset "Change Brake Pads" in DIC

14K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  LuborK 
#1 ·
Just installed new front and rear brake pads ( turned front rotors) on my 99 SLS. I can't figure out how to reset the message, "Change Brake Pads" on the Driver Information Center. Tried the "Reset" function but the message reappears. Any ideas?

#3 ·
Reset is not going to do what you hope it will do.
You have an open circuit in the brake pad wear sensor circuit somewhere. Either your pad wear sensors are disconnected at one or more of the chassis connectors, or your pad wear sensors are worn to the point where the wire loop inside the sensor is open.
If you purchased OEM ACDelco brake pads, new pad wear sensors were part of the pad set.

#4 ·
Thanks for the quick info, guys! The replacement brake pads were not AC Delco, I bought Wagner and they did not include anything but the new pads and hardware. I re-installed the sensors and little spring retainers just as they had been on the old pads. The sensors are the little rounded ends of the sensor lines that fit in the top of the new pad, right?

#6 ·
You can eliminate the DIC message.
All you need to do is determine which pad wear sensors do not have continuity. This will be easy if you can remember which corner(s) had the most pad wear and the fronts would be the "usual suspects".
Jumper the pad wear sensor chassis connector and the DIC message trigger point will not know that particular pad sensor is open. Of course, this will defeat your early warning radar system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.