Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Heat/AC Fan quit working.. have question...

991 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  melhinkle 
#1 ·
My Heat/AC blower fan quit working on my 01 STS. My husband took it out and tested it with direct current and it works. He is thinking it is the blower resistor that is bad. Has anyone had this problem before? If so, was it the resistor or something else? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Check the connector itself. It may very well be bad which is causing the fan itself not to work.

#4 ·
I have the connector, AC delco PT779 / GM 12167113. My dealer told me the cables were fried, so I ordered them. It turned out it was my blower only and the connector was fine so I never unpacked it. It's still in the shrinkrap. If anyone needs one, I'd like to recover part of the investment so that we're all happy.

-Alex

#5 ·
I don't think that part will work on my car. AC Delco does not have it listed for an 01 STS. Thanks anyway. The following link is a picture of the part my husband is looking for:

http://www.rockauto.com/ref/SMP/SMPDetail2.html?RU45.jpg

It is made by Standard and the part number is RU45

The dealer ordered an AC Delco part, but I don't know what the part number is. Hopefully it will be the same part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.