Cadillac Owners Forum banner
938 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  1toycad 
#1 ·
I know this should probably go in the FOR SALE section, but hardly anyone seems to post or go there. So here it goes.

I am cleaning out my garage and I have a few items left from my old 1998 Seville SLS.

1. Black leather gearshift knob. The leather is in great shape.

2. Black plastic cover for the front license plate holder (for drivers in states where no fornt license plate is required). If your car is not black, I guess the cover can be painted to match your car color.

3. Informational videotape (it was part of the Gold Key package that every new Cadillac owner received. It contains infomration about the 1998 Seville as well as instructions on how to operate the various systems and options). This is a nice item to have for the car collector.

I have no idea how much these items are worth. Make me a reasonable offer (I'll check it against current eBay sales) + shipping and you can have these items.

BTW, my "new" E320 runs great. It is a superb sports sedan and I am very happy that I bought it. I never thought that I would enjoy driving a six cylinder car, but I don't miss the N* engine from my old Seville. And I don't miss the oil refills every 750 - 1000 miles either.

In fact, I am so happy with the Benz, that I bought a 2002, certified C320 wagon for my oldest daughter. I would have bought her the larger E wagon, but she wanted something smaller. My youngest daughter is happy with her Volvo V70, but now she is beginning to eye the E wagons. :thumbsup: The 1989 300TE is running great with 193k mile in the clock. I keep it as a daily driver and general hauler. It ia fun to drive wagon.

I do not miss my former 1998 Seville and the frequent trips to the dealer's service department. But I do miss this site and the people who post here. You guys (and the occasional gal) are a bunch of great people. I even miss the American-hating Canadians and the Kraut-kart haters. :eek: This is a great site and Sal should get mega-kudos for setting it up and keeping it running. Good job paisano :)

Now, make me an offer on the items above so I can finsih cleaning out the garage.

Thanks.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
91TexasSeville said:
1toycad;
You have been a member of this forum long enough to know where the classified advertisments belong....
I do. That is why I put it in the disclaimer at the beginning of my post. The "FOR SALE thread does not seem to get a lot of action.

BTW, is there even a FOR SALE thread? I couldn't find it.

In any event, these items are Seville-specific, so I figured that I'd post here. But if the moderator wants to move the thread to the FOR SALE section (if there is still one), that's OK with me. I just don't know how to move a thread to different location.

BTW, I hope you did not suffer any problems from Rita or Katrina. I used to work for Shell Oil and I still know some people from Houston and N.O. Luckily they were OK. Hope you were OK too.

#5 ·
SuperSix said:
Personally, I think the classifiedes section is incredibly hard to navigate, search, etc..

A standard forum (Not a vbulletin add on module) is what *I* would prefer..

but I'm a noob anyway. :D
I agree (with the hard to navigate part, not with the noob part).

BTW, all items have been sold. Thank you for looking. :bouncy:

#9 ·
greenz said:
i will give you 20(shipping included) for the license plate cover let me know greenz@gmail.com
Sorry, I just sold all the items. The "instructional" tape that came with the car new was the most interesting of all the items. It will make a nice addition to a Seville collector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.