ccdic bd24 have anything to do with air control
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, ccdic bd24 have anything to do with air control in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; On my '90 Seviile,on the BCM codes,BD24 controls 0-9 for air flow control.Does this have anything to do with why ...
    billwet80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 seville

Cool ccdic bd24 have anything to do with air control

On my '90 Seviile,on the BCM codes,BD24 controls 0-9 for air flow control.Does this have anything to do with why my A/C only blows through the defroster.The BD24 code says it is set on #5 mode which means off but I want to know if setting it to bi-level #2 mode I think would change the way the A/C blows through the vents and how do you change the setting on the computer?I hope I explained this right.Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: ccdic bd24 have anything to do with air control

Defrost is the default mode and the system is vacuum controlled. Look for a vacuum leak.

Hint:
    The parking brake auto release is on the same vacuum circuit. Start by checking the cabin vacuum supply line at the passengers side firewall. If you have vacuum there, then check the parking brake release diaphragm. If that is OK, work your way back from there.

Thanks Ranger!! Your help is much appreciated!But I was wondering if BD24 in the driver info center which is the air flow control mode that is set at #5 setting which is off can be changed somehow to the #2 setting which is the bi-level setting mode.Does this setting in the DIC have anything to do with how the air blows in the car?

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by billwet80 View Post
    Thanks Ranger!! Your help is much appreciated!But I was wondering if BD24 in the driver info center which is the air flow control mode that is set at #5 setting which is off can be changed somehow to the #2 setting which is the bi-level setting mode.Does this setting in the DIC have anything to do with how the air blows in the car?
    =============================
    I imagine you are looking at the over-rides -
    or some other settings within the OBD computer -

you have very little control over the climate control system -
    other than temperature and fan speed -
    what ever buttons you can select from the control panel -
    is all the choices you have -

the FSM - Factory Service Manual lists all the possible controls and possibilities -

here is a used Factory Service Manual for $13 - including shipping -
    this is a STEAL - and you should jump on it - NOW -
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-CADILLA...051e21&vxp=mtr

Thanks Basscat! I have the service manual for this car but it doesn't really tell you what is used to switch the modes in the BCM.But thanks for your help!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.