2000 Eldorado ESC WRONG TRANS installed.....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2000 Eldorado ESC WRONG TRANS installed..... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Great repeat customer of mine, he was out of province and his tranny went. A shop out there installed what ...
    ponyboyt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97, 97, RIP 98, 99 STS with Jakes studs

2000 Eldorado ESC WRONG TRANS installed.....

Great repeat customer of mine, he was out of province and his tranny went. A shop out there installed what they claimed to be a rebuilt 25,000 km unit. 4 codes there now for incorrect gear ratio (one for each gear). they told him they knew why and the dealer could program the trans for him. Im thinking that is incorrect. Car was butchered bad too. A/C was messed up (i got it working) they broke the cruise cable (all fixed) abs error i havent got to yet... they cracked one of his coil packs and had him buy a new one. $2200 bill.

My local scrap yard says the 2000 ESC is the only year/male/model i can use a trans from. I was hoping any vin Y trans would work 2000+ and they have a few decent base devilles from 2000-2003 there. What would be special about a 2000 ESC?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

98eldo32v is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 eldo/KD54 w/N37,T96,QA1,D55,DS3,U1Z. U3R next

Re: 2000 Eldorado ESC WRONG TRANS installed.....

Weird, the salvage yard seems to be correct based off the information off of car-part.com.

The Eldorado, TECHNICALLY doesn't interchange with other vin Y models. Yet, that doesn't mean PHYSICALLY it won't work.

The only way to confirm now is to take your existing broadcast code off your transmission and see if it crosses over to a Seville or deville transmission unit.

----------

My only thinking could be that an ETC trans was installed instead of a "Y"/ ESC

ponyboyt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97, 97, RIP 98, 99 STS with Jakes studs

Re: 2000 Eldorado ESC WRONG TRANS installed.....

i always assumed there were 2 transmissions for these cars. vin y and vin 9. and obviously different pre2000 and 2000+. I just figured eldo ESC/base were the same as deville/sls and then vin 9 for ETC/STS and i think the DTS was a vin 9 too. I see it has the newer electronics (mine has the exterior switch for the shifter, this one does not.) His old trans is long gone... if its 2000 ESC only im never gonna find one....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.