94 Eldorado Rear Pads
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 94 Eldorado Rear Pads in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I spend most of the day yesterday replacing the rear disc pads. I was able to use the info in ...
    Northstarnut is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Eldorado

94 Eldorado Rear Pads

I spend most of the day yesterday replacing the rear disc pads. I was able to use the info in the forums to dig my way through, but this was not as easy and straight forward as was described. I bought the infamous cube and it helped, but was certainly as much of a problem as it was a help. Thank goodness I had my well-used Makita cutoff took as I made the cube small enough to turn inside the caliper housing. The other pips on the cube were hitting, so I now have a Cadillac specific tool. The second problem I had was that the caliper was stuck, so screwing it in was nearly impossible until I got angry enough and hit it with my wrench. This broke loose whatever what keeping it from winding in. I did as most suggested and opened the bleeder valve, but with all the messing around I think I lost more fluid than usual. I had to run the caliper in and out several times to get it to wind all the way in. In so doing I am suspecting air got in. The second side was much easier, because I only took it apart and put it back together once, where side 1 was about 3 times!

When I was finally done, I topped up the Master cylinder, and they seemed to pump up well, but now the ABS light is on. Will this go out when I purge the air by bleeding? If it is not that, anyone have any ideas what would put the ABS light on? I did not disconnect anything except the calipers. The pedal seems solid. Does not sink. I haven't tried the E brake, but I am certain it is working. My car still has under 80K miles. Could the pads have been the originals still? There was about 1/16th of an inch left. Anyway...I would put my job at about 80%. The forums helped and I appreciate the info, but screwing in the caliper, even with the cube was much more involved than simple. Still it is done and this evening I will purge the air and hope that the ABS lights go out. Any ideas would be accepted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 94 Eldorado Rear Pads

I can guarantee you, that you have air in the system. Bleed it before you attempt to drive it and check the wheel speed sensor connector on the inboard side of the hubs to be sure they where not unplugged.

Northstarnut is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Eldorado

Will do...thank you! My wife will move the seat under the dash so she can pump the pedal and I will take my trusty self-bleeder tube and watch the bubbles. I dunno what the wheel speed thingie is but I will llook for dc'd wires and connectors. I was pretty careful not to get too far from home, but the driver's side had a challenging caliper to wind in...so it could have happened!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I can guarantee you, that you have air in the system. Bleed it before you attempt to drive it and check the wheel speed sensor connector on the inboard side of the hubs to be sure they where not unplugged.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

The wheel speed sensor is integral to the hub & bearing assembly and has a plug in the back (inboard) side.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.