Few questions on subwoofer install 96 eldorado
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Few questions on subwoofer install 96 eldorado in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-Kac-91.../dp/B0037ZRP7G and two Alpine type r's http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FQlafgod-D8AQQ I know how I'm going to run the power wire. Since I've never ...
    BigPimpinCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 Eldo ETC, 96 Jaguar XJ6, 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L

Few questions on subwoofer install 96 eldorado

http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-Kac-91.../dp/B0037ZRP7G

and two Alpine type r's
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FQlafgod-D8AQQ

I know how I'm going to run the power wire.

Since I've never taken apart my stereo and such (Bestbuy installed aftermarket HU)

so first, how do I get to the stereo and take it out?

After that, where can I run the RCA's (in detail on removal of things if applicable) and I would assume I would run the remote wire the same direction.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fltdriver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 ELdorado

Re: Few questions on subwoofer install 96 eldorado

Not sure on how to remove the stereo but you want to keep the RCA wires on the opposite side of the car as the power wire going to the amp as it can cause static. The trim along the bottom of the door is easily removed (just one screw on my 99 located beside the rear seat-had to pull the seat cushion off to get to mine, the rest of the trim is held by clips so just pull up). Just tuck your wires in with the other wires running along there and feed it to your trunk by removing the rear seat back rest. Like I said do the power down one side and the RCA down the opposite (pass/driver). As for the remote I ran it with the power wire but it won't hurt the RCA signal to run it with it, either way will work.

Quote Originally Posted by fltdriver View Post
    Not sure on how to remove the stereo but you want to keep the RCA wires on the opposite side of the car as the power wire going to the amp as it can cause static. The trim along the bottom of the door is easily removed (just one screw on my 99 located beside the rear seat-had to pull the seat cushion off to get to mine, the rest of the trim is held by clips so just pull up). Just tuck your wires in with the other wires running along there and feed it to your trunk by removing the rear seat back rest. Like I said do the power down one side and the RCA down the opposite (pass/driver). As for the remote I ran it with the power wire but it won't hurt the RCA signal to run it with it, either way will work.
    Sounds good.
    My power wire is going to go through the passenger side and remote/rca on the driver side.
    I got the general idea of where to run them, my main issue is getting to the back of the stereo, and how from the back of the stereo the RCAs and Remote wire will go.

Thanks for the information though it really helps.

manny95993 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Eldorado
    Okay so I might be able to help as I have astereo system in my 98 eldo. What you do is turn the carto on it doesn't exactly have to be running but enough to where your able to switch gears. Move the gear knob to 3rd gear. Then there is a clip attached to the gear knob use a flat head to take that off then just pull the shifter off. Then you have to pop off the plastic/wood grain peice where the gear knob is located. Then you'll have two bolts attaching the ash tray/cigarette lighter take those off then that should come right off. Then you pop off the " INFO/fuel door and trunk button. Use a flat head for that. I would be gentle just to be safe. After that your headunit bolts should be visible and there fore you can take your headunit out.
    Hopefully this works for ya.

You also made need some receiver keys to slide the unit out of the holder.

Wires:
    To run them up the drivers side just route them with the group of wires next to the firewall, behind pedals, there will be a black case that has 4 clips and a (don't know what to call it but you just squeeze the little tabs together) in the middle of it. Run the wires through there then into the trim at the bottom of the door. You might need to pull the carpet back a little bit to get the case apart, you could go around it but it's there as a wire cover so might as well use it for that.

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 128k

As far as getting the stereo out...The bezel around the shifter needs to come off. Take a small plastic trim removal tool to the edges near the corners closest to the cup holders, it will start to pop off. Be VERY careful though as it is fragile so don't break it, also be mindful of the traction control button, there's wiring connected to it, don't strip that out either. You'll have to shift the car into N to get the bezel out from around the shifter. Once that is out you'll see the screws holding the climate control unit in place, remove those and out comes that, then you'll see what holds the stereo in. Once you get the bezel off you'll see what I'm talking about and it will be very self explanatory.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Thanks everyone, that covered most of my concerns.

Where did you guys mount/ground the amp if you have?

You can mount it to the plastic cover behind the seat back rest, it house several electronic modules. As for grounding there are plenty of bolts that would work for that. There is a ground bolt being used under the bottom of the backseat were the plastic carpet plugs are (in passenger compartment), also one being used next to the antenna motor, but really any bolt that is in the frame-work of the car will do.

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 128k

I just drilled a new hole under the rear seat for my ground, sanded all the paint away and sealed it up real good, worked fine for years.

The next nice day off I have I will be digging into my '06 STS, finally decided to install the W6 again.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.