Best Source for 2000 OEM Wheels - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Best Source for 2000 OEM Wheels in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; NEVER put "NOS" tires on a car - believe it or not they age and dry rot just as fast ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Best Source for 2000 OEM Wheels

NEVER put "NOS" tires on a car - believe it or not they age and dry rot just as fast on the dealer's storage racks as they do on the car.

Look at the DTS 18 X 8 wheels - the link in Post #2.

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 STS
    The 7 spoke wagon wheel is spec'd in 2 chrome styles. 1 has chrome on spoke face and 2nd has chrome on spoke sides. I found a set of #2. But I prefer to not store parts in garage. Wifey has the opposite habit.

Many of those wheels have a matte or semi-gloss gray paint over the spoke sides and pockets. There is a thread (or two) in tech Tips from 6 years ago about how to use orange paint remover goop to remove the paint and expose the (marbled) chrome.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cadillac+forums...nt+removal&l=1

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Well I give you four 7 spoke silver rims (my original ones) plus name your price on the chrome wheel
    I did upgraded to chrome rims back 6 years ago. Since then I managed to find 3 mint (I mean MINT) spare chrome rims and I just need one more to have a full replacement set. The chrome rims I upgraded to are great but there is a bit of corrosion underneath the center cap and that's what bothers me, is not visible but I know is there hence when I am changing to the new tires (sometimes in the next 10K-15K) I will swap the rims (and I need one more ).
    I have Goodyear Eagle GT since about the last two tire sets and I am quite happy with them.
    I too manage to find somewhere in So Cal a BRAND new center cap. I opened the sealed bag and shook my head just thinking how the STS looked like back in '97 when I was just a very broke university student thinking one day I will drive an STS and a ’66 Coop Mustang. I may say I am a center cap collector, so far I lost count of how many center caps I have (at least 2-3 full sets).
    I am still looking for those chrome plated center caps with the gold "STS" logo, but not the ones with the emblem applied over, the ones like the standard center caps with the STS logo in gold accent.
    I like to keep it original look, no changes of any kind, in fact the standard chrome rims and the door mirrors are some of the things I consider most attractive features.

These days a gen. IV is very rare occurrence, to say the least, I have seen only 2 this year on the road and boy I was so ahamed to see then in the state they were. I mean beat to death, clearly beyond worn suspension, non-operational ELC, very bad paint and super dark tints. Basically you can tell the vehicle was on its last possible leg driven by somebody really tight yet looking for a cheap thrill.
    You are the only ’97 STS owner with a mint vehicle that I know of, such a shame…these cars should have been taken care better.

Vasi, Look through www.ehubcap.com - he used to have quite a few STS and SLS center caps in several patterns - chrome or matte background, others.

I have some here .......... look real hard at the two right hand pairs of STS caps ...........

Seamaster_007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by N*Caddy View Post
    Well I give you four 7 spoke silver rims (my original ones) plus name your price on the chrome wheel
    I did upgraded to chrome rims back 6 years ago. Since then I managed to find 3 mint (I mean MINT) spare chrome rims and I just need one more to have a full replacement set. The chrome rims I upgraded to are great but there is a bit of corrosion underneath the center cap and that's what bothers me, is not visible but I know is there hence when I am changing to the new tires (sometimes in the next 10K-15K) I will swap the rims (and I need one more ).
    I have Goodyear Eagle GT since about the last two tire sets and I am quite happy with them.
    I too manage to find somewhere in So Cal a BRAND new center cap. I opened the sealed bag and shook my head just thinking how the STS looked like back in '97 when I was just a very broke university student thinking one day I will drive an STS and a ’66 Coop Mustang. I may say I am a center cap collector, so far I lost count of how many center caps I have (at least 2-3 full sets).
    I am still looking for those chrome plated center caps with the gold "STS" logo, but not the ones with the emblem applied over, the ones like the standard center caps with the STS logo in gold accent.
    I like to keep it original look, no changes of any kind, in fact the standard chrome rims and the door mirrors are some of the things I consider most attractive features.

These days a gen. IV is very rare occurrence, to say the least, I have seen only 2 this year on the road and boy I was so ahamed to see then in the state they were. I mean beat to death, clearly beyond worn suspension, non-operational ELC, very bad paint and super dark tints. Basically you can tell the vehicle was on its last possible leg driven by somebody really tight yet looking for a cheap thrill.
    You are the only ’97 STS owner with a mint vehicle that I know of, such a shame…these cars should have been taken care better.
    EDIT: Vasi, please clear your inbox so I may send you the PM, thanks!

Wow, that's a tempting deal! I'll send you a PM Vasi, try to keep this thread on topic lol.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Thanks Sub for the link I believe I been there before (or at least a similar site). In fact some 5-6 years ago I did purchased a set from one of these sites, pictured were new, price was matching the picture, what I received was junk yard pull outs. I had to return them and swallow the $70 or so shipping.

I am looking for 'B' in the above picture (full set mint - my concept of mint not seler's concept of mint).

Seamaster_007, I cleaned up my inbox, I was keep it full because of the huge amount of emails from 1 – 2 posts members asking me about how to stuff a larger aftermarket speaker cabinet in the trunk of what kind of 22” rims I would recommend kind of messages.
    I saw now your message about the steering wheel, don’t buy it, is mismatching color and the wood grain is not clear in the picture, looks to me like somebody covered with new shale skin a black steering wheel and slap a “GM genuine” sticker from some other part.
    My original rims are sitting in the attic I build above the garage since ~2 years, use to be in a closet before .

Seamaster_007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by N*Caddy View Post
    Thanks Sub for the link I believe I been there before (or at least a similar site). In fact some 5-6 years ago I did purchased a set from one of these sites, pictured were new, price was matching the picture, what I received was junk yard pull outs. I had to return them and swallow the $70 or so shipping.

I am looking for 'B' in the above picture (full set mint - my concept of mint not seler's concept of mint).

Seamaster_007, I cleaned up my inbox, I was keep it full because of the huge amount of emails from 1 – 2 posts members asking me about how to stuff a larger aftermarket speaker cabinet in the trunk of what kind of 22” rims I would recommend kind of messages.
    I saw now your message about the steering wheel, don’t buy it, is mismatching color and the wood grain is not clear in the picture, looks to me like somebody covered with new shale skin a black steering wheel and slap a “GM genuine” sticker from some other part.
    My original rims are sitting in the attic I build above the garage since ~2 years, use to be in a closet before .
    I have 2 of the "style B" caps, brand new, never mounted, not a single mark. Purchased them back in '02, couldn't even find a full set back then, I've been looking since.

Found other variants as well:

$_12.JPG $_122.JPG !BgIqeP!CGk~$(KGrHqUOKi8ErzSIKF)gBLEF,J8vr!~~_12.JPG

STS-Fan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 Seville STS C&C Build

If the original poster is still looking for a set of the 7 spoke wheels I have a set I was about to post up to craigslist - they came on my 89 when I bought it but I wasn't all that fond of the look my original plan was to keep them for winter use but I found another set that's more appropriate. I would label them a solid B+ as I'm kind of picky. There's some minor pitting around the outer lips not curb rash but chrome pitting and in a few spots on a couple of the faces nothing that can be seen from more than a foot away also one of the caps has a crack somewhere got water in it when I was cleaning them today. The 4th wheel is what I would call the worst although my drill and mothers paint ball ran out of juice on that one. you can see a lil more brake dust and staining on it compared to the other 3. I'll take another crack at that one tomorrow if I have time.

PM me if your interested.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    6.jpg
    5.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.