Ignition Wiring 2001 SLS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Ignition Wiring 2001 SLS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Anyone have access to wiring diagrams? I need one for the ignition on my 2001 Seville, really could use a ...
    lilredmedia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Seville 2500, 4x4, Magnum 8.0L V10, "Boss Hogg"

Ignition Wiring 2001 SLS

Anyone have access to wiring diagrams? I need one for the ignition on my 2001 Seville, really could use a whole wiring diagram for most of the car... but just the ignition would get me by lol.

----------

Also quick question, when you hit the key on your seville, does it roll over until it starts, or only while you hold the key in the start position?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Ignition Wiring 2001 SLS Seville

Turn the key to start and release it. It will crank until it starts. No need to hold the key.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

It would take the next 3 years to post half the wiring diagrams for your (our) cars.

Take out a multi-year subscription to www.alldatadiy.com .

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by lilredmedia View Post
    Anyone have access to wiring diagrams? I need one for the ignition on my 2001 Seville, really could use a whole wiring diagram for most of the car... but just the ignition would get me by lol.

----------

Also quick question, when you hit the key on your seville, does it roll over until it starts, or only while you hold the key in the start position?
    -----------------------
    come on - spit it out - what is the REAL question/problem -

Dang. Thats not what I wanted to hear. And I did find diagrams, a majority of them are on autozone.com however, not detailed enough, I really need to know what all signals the PCM to STOP rolling the engine over. I'm assuming crank sensor, or crank and cam, or who knows, hopefully its just one sensor, might beable to trick something into working. What I have going on is putting the car on a dodge frame, I'm hoping to have as close to 100% of the stuff in the car still operable. Including remote start, but being that the engine is now a 1994 v10, I have to either, signal the cadillac PCM that the engine has started, stop rolling it over. OR splice the ignition wire pre-PCM and run it to the dodges starter relay harness so it just cranks while I hold the key. I just don't want to use the relay on the cadillac harness and have the PCM keep cranking the v10 until the circut times out, (15 seconds on no start signal?) say the v10 fires up after 3 seconds of cranking, start would keep going = No good.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Wait, you have the body on a truck frame using the Northstar? Or you're trying to use the PCM to run a V10 Chrysler engine? Or you're trying to use the Chrysler electronics with the Northstar???

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

This gets weirder by the minute - trying to run a Dodge V-10 on a GM Northstar V-8 PCM (OR body)calibration. Ain't gonna happen. Not ever.

no no, dual harnesses, dual PCM's, running dual sensors in any place I can. The trucks PCM runs the drivetrain, just trying to hack into it here and there and get as much of the Cadillac working as possible. IE, lights, turn signals, radio, hopefully battery voltage, coolant temp, would be nice to get the cadillac PCM to kick on the cooling fans as well seeing how the dodge had a engine driven fan that is no longer an option. I'm going to have a set of dodge guages along with the computers and etc mounted in the trunk of the car, so if it ever starts running goofy I can still run OBD. I'm not expecting the northstar PCM to operate a v10. Just want to beable to turn the key, or even trigger the remote start and have the v10 start without destroying the starter.

----------

cooling fans are low priority, i know alot factors into those, like the a/c system and all that. Worst case I can make that stand alone with a basic temp sensor and relay set up. Right now, just trying to get a diagram made up for the starting circuit so when I get into it I know what wires I'm looking for and what I have to do.

----------

There is no physical connection between the dodge harness and Cadillac harness. Where one sensor is, I am going to just run a pipe T and put both the dodge and Cadillac sensor. The only place it may become a little mixed is when it comes to running the starter, other than that, both systems are on their own. I know its doable, I just need a detailed breakdown of the PCM controls involving the ignition key-starter, I'm hoping its something simple that signals the PCM to stop powering the starter. If its something I can easily install on the v10, I'd much rather go that route.

Mark C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville STS, 2000 Seville STS

On a 2000 Cadillac seville the start request signal from the key goes to the PCM over a yellow wire to PCM connector C1 terminal 6. The PCM grounds the starter relay via a yellow wire to the starter relay on PCM connector C2 terminal 44, which picks the relay and keeps it picked until the engine starts, or you turn the key off. C1 is the blue connector, C2 is the clear one.

Unfortunately no one has access to the logic diagram for these PCMs to see what input triggers what output. I would assume its an engine RPM speed greater than whatever the starter can spin the engine over at, but where it comes from is a great question.

Gotcha, yeah I traced the yellow wires on the autozone diagrams, hmm. If it was the tach input that would be great, I can work with that. If it was a crank sensor... lil more tricky, more work that I want to do. Alright, well if anyone happens across what else the input might be, let me know. Appreciate the help. Like I said, worst case, I'll just trigger the dodge relay with the Cadillac ignition switch, means holding the key til it starts and probably no remote start... but I'll survive. lol.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

So you're trying to put a Cadillac body on a Dodge frame and powertrain. Why? I'd say you have your work cut out for you.

Remote start wasn't a factory option anyway. You can put remote start in regardless.

Because the northstar developed a heavy knock, then the transmission lost first gear. And the body rotted off of the dodge, It is what it is lol. Hate to scrap a caddy with 119k on it, so I bought it off my buddy, figured I could at least do something with the shell. As far as why mess with all this wiring, mostly because I hate carburetors. Not that I don't understand them, I do, I just don't want to give up the power loss of dropping the EFI, since I have a pretty basic to moderate understanding of wiring harnesses, inputs and outputs, I figured this would be a nice little project to test my own capabilities, short of a few wiring diagrams, hopefully it turns out alright.

----------

I was hoping some kind of remote start would be achievable. Depending on how well this turns out or how well it doesn't, I may plate and insure it as the 94' dodge ram, since it would be within the lift laws for a 3/4ton GVWR, and drive it. But if it turns out too sketchy it'll be strictly a show/play toy. Shouldn't be too bad, the truck was 100% drive able steering/suspension/etc wise pre-body swap.

oldstuff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 66 convert-93-96-97-97-99 Eldorados

That sounds like you have a sticking starter solinoid. There is no such a thing as a computer signal keeping the cranking going after you release the key.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by lilredmedia View Post
    Dang. Thats not what I wanted to hear. And I did find diagrams, a majority of them are on autozone.com however, not detailed enough, I really need to know what all signals the PCM to STOP rolling the engine over. I'm assuming crank sensor, or crank and cam, or who knows, hopefully its just one sensor, might beable to trick something into working. What I have going on is putting the car on a dodge frame, I'm hoping to have as close to 100% of the stuff in the car still operable. Including remote start, but being that the engine is now a 1994 v10, I have to either, signal the cadillac PCM that the engine has started, stop rolling it over. OR splice the ignition wire pre-PCM and run it to the dodges starter relay harness so it just cranks while I hold the key. I just don't want to use the relay on the cadillac harness and have the PCM keep cranking the v10 until the circut times out, (15 seconds on no start signal?) say the v10 fires up after 3 seconds of cranking, start would keep going = No good.

When you turn the key and release it right away, the starter continues to crank the engine u til it starts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.