Power Steering Pressure Sensor Malfunction
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Power Steering Pressure Sensor Malfunction in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So I cleaned the TB a little while ago as well as the IAC valve, both were pretty grimy and ...
    fltdriver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 ELdorado

Question Power Steering Pressure Sensor Malfunction

So I cleaned the TB a little while ago as well as the IAC valve, both were pretty grimy and now the 99 Eldorado idles much better (just over the 750 marker). My question is when I went in to reset the codes to get rid of the SERVICE IDLE CONTROL message I wrote down all of the codes displayed and needed some guidance as to what some of them mean

Current
    P0550-Power Steering Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction

History
    P0603 ICM KAM
    B1348 Low refrigerant
    B1327 Device Power Circuit Low

Battery has been unhooked recently so that explains 0603, I have cans of 134a and plan to do that soon.

What exactly does Device Power Circuit LOW refer to, my thought this was another one thrown by the battery being disconnected.

And what can I do about the current 0550, or what needs to be investigated to fix it? Power Steering seems to work just fine, maybe a slight belt squeal if wheels are turned while car is at a complete stop.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Power Steering Pressure Sensor Malfunction

I also have a hose coming out of the top of the transmission (almost right under the MAF) that is about a foot long with a free spinning metal cap. I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be like this (some sort of pressure relief or breather) or if someone deleted something then capped off the hose. Wish I would have taken a picture of it because I know that my description is probably lacking but any help would be appreciated.

Figured out the PSP Sensor Malfunction when I replaced the oil level sensor and connector I noticed another connector just hanging beneath the car. Plugged it back in and the code went away. The steering was easy to turn before but now it seems super responsive, may just be a placebo effect.

Never did find out what that hose is for.

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    That hose is the transmission vent line. Supposed to have a metal cap that moves freely and be clipped up to throttle bracket area. Half the time i see the clips are broken.

thanks, hoped it was supposed to be like that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.