Eldorado Conversion - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Eldorado Conversion in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by N*Caddy This is why I asked because the wheels do seem a bit "odd" positioned. It looked ...
    EVcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 etc

Re: Eldorado Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by N*Caddy View Post
    This is why I asked because the wheels do seem a bit "odd" positioned. It looked to me as if were just a hair in and a bit forward, but that could just be the camera angle and the body position because of no weight on the front end.
    Yea, that is a really weird camera angle. There is another conversion in progress right next to this one, so I could not stand in a good place to get this pic.

I have selected the A/C units. Dual 6400 btu units mounted behind the rear seat, with ducts that go up to the dash.

The front control panels have these plugs on them, so I can splice and stretch them to mount up front. One control and A/C unit for the driver, and one for the passenger. independent climate controls are par for the Cadillac course. Since there is no engine to start remotely from a key fob, I will put the air conditioners on that key fob button.

Here is the data tag for power consumption. I will power these guys with a blue flash 2k power inverter that accepts 160 volts DC input and converts it to 120 AC. These guys should do at least what the factory air did.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    12,800 BTUs?!?!?! Isn't that a bit much... for a small room?

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    12,800 BTUs?!?!?! Isn't that a bit much... for a small room?
    This room may see 100 mph winds. I am looking forward to having the interior cooled off in a hurry, which is something that a Cadillac should be able to do...

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Holy igloos batman... I'll send you an ice scraper for the inside windows.
    I thought only us rednecks used window AC units in our cars... LOL
    CaddyInParadise likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EVcaddy

This room may see 100 mph winds. I am looking forward to having the interior cooled off in a hurry, which is something that a Cadillac should be able to do...
    No doubt it'll do that!

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

so - it's down to about 15 miles - or 15 minutes of drive time - with the AC on -

Quote Originally Posted by basscatt View Post
    so - it's down to about 15 miles - or 15 minutes of drive time - with the AC on -
    Lol... I calculate that I will lose 3 miles of range for every our that both units run continuously at full output. I am assuming that I won't need these guys both running at full blast though. Low cool cuts the consumption in half.
    The heating in the winter time is pretty cozy as well. I will buy 4 ceramic space heaters and rob the ceramic elements out of them to install in my duct work for a total of 6000 watts of heat and no waiting for the thermostat to open when the engine is warm. I run two of those elements in my metro conversions, and they can blow 165 degrees out the vents.

Well if I ever need a vehicle that can murder someone with temperature extremes, WHILE being gentle on the environment, I know who to come to.
    CaddyInParadise and STS-Fan like this.

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    Well if I ever need a vehicle that can murder someone with temperature extremes, WHILE being gentle on the environment, I know who to come to.
    ----------------------------
    cook em - freeze em - and dump em -

cnyncrvr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Seville STS

You sir are absolutely nuts..............With that out of the way when can I come over and get you drunk enough to agree to build me a 200+ mph electric drag bike???

Quote Originally Posted by cnyncrvr View Post
    You sir are absolutely nuts..............With that out of the way when can I come over and get you drunk enough to agree to build me a 200+ mph electric drag bike???
    I have not done a motorcycle yet, but I have considered converting a Harley Electra Glide to an Electric Glide. If you are into drag racing, you can spend hours on you tube watching electric cars kicking the crap out of gasoline cars.

----------

This car had an unbelievable amount of "stuff" under the hood. Even after the Northstar motor and transmission assembly were out of the way, I could not see the paint color of the fender wells and frame rails because they had all kinds of "stuff"; black boxes, huge wiring harnesses, vacuum thingys, brackets, etc. Now I have most of it out of the way.

I can now see the frame rails! My plan here is to assemble all 48 300ah cells into a single unit that drops in with a cherry picker. It will be a cube that weighs 1050 pounds, and the + and - terminals of the pack will be less than 18" from the controllers. I am planning to mount the controllers on the firewall right where the plastic opening is for the obsolete evaporator, between the passenger side strut tower and the master cylinder.

Ludacrisvp likes this.

Here is the main battery box that will sit where the Northstar used to sit. It still needs some finishing touches, but it is getting close. This box has almost 100 separate pieces welded together... With batteries installed, it should weigh 1050 pounds

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Will that fit under the hood?

I think it's just the camera angle that makes it look huge. It's much closer to the camera than the Metro.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.