Hesitation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Hesitation in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Recently upon startup, my car has been acting like it's missing. It runs rough for a few seconds and then ...
    Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8, 1SF, Tusc Lthr, Adptv Cruise, 18" Chrm Whls

Hesitation

Recently upon startup, my car has been acting like it's missing. It runs rough for a few seconds and then smooths out. After it warms up, it will not do it again unless it sits for a long time and gets cold again. It's been getting in the low 40's around here at night and started doing this for a couple of months now.

There are no codes stored and I just changed the plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter and PCV valve hoping this would fix it up but it didn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Max
    1998 STS

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AKPsiMC03 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    is the gap correct?

Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    cold engines sometimes do that. it will run its best at opperating temperature.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Hesitation

Originally posted by Maximln
    Recently upon startup, my car has been acting like it's missing. It runs rough for a few seconds and then smooths out. After it warms up, it will not do it again unless it sits for a long time and gets cold again. It's been getting in the low 40's around here at night and started doing this for a couple of months now.

There are no codes stored and I just changed the plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter and PCV valve hoping this would fix it up but it didn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Max
    1998 STS
    my concours used to do that. It was caused by the blown headgasket that was leaking water in to the engine which in turn caused misfire on idle. It took 3 spark plug/wire changes for the dealer to figure out that headgasket was blown. I think my car trouble will be over because i've finally found the reason for the car's abnormal operation since the summer time (i've visited service dept near 20 times with no real answers now i've found the source of the problem with 20 min of work. It was the water pump leak which was replaced by the dealer and which should have been the first item that should have been checked when the car started overheating, My headgasket probably went out because of all the overheating into the red).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.