On the way to purchase a new ESC in the morning....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, On the way to purchase a new ESC in the morning.... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I went to see a '95 Esc same exact gold color and year as the one I currently own at ...
    CadillacChrisHtown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Eldorado sittin on 5 elbows its a classic B-)

On the way to purchase a new ESC in the morning....

I went to see a '95 Esc same exact gold color and year as the one I currently own at 103,000Mi and i was pleased with how well it was kept...

But looks can be deceiving so Im bringing a block test kit with me :-)

can I test after idling/warming the car up to about 205 degrees in the driveway (fill tank cap off) to normal operating temperature 190-208?

I Just Stick tester in the tanks mouth and fill tester to line with the blue juice and and hand pump for a duration of 2 mins

OR???
    Do I....

Run it around the block and hit the freeway a little pushing to 60-70mph for 10 mins (Counting this 10 mins after idling the car to normal operating temp) (I'll be speeding with expired stickers and prob no insurance at all smh >:-) _)

Fill tank will be pretty hot afterwards...

So...With no time to wait for cool down....And owner waiting to sell...

Here goes my steps....
    1.Take an old rag and ease the pressure cap off the tank
    2.After the pressure cap hiss....stick the tester on
    3.Do a few squeezes over 2 min period
    4.After 2 mins I should hopefully not get any color change right?....
    5.take water bottle containing original fluid and compare to testers fluid color

Is this the correct way? or it really doesn't matter just test after warm up....

I know its a simple procedure....but I just want to be sure before I drop this cash on another old.. car I still have my Esc but if this one tests right ill have 2 :-) until i feel like running it across the scale also cant find the custom made key to my rim locks :-/

If the test fails im just gonna fix mines up with the money...the one i was looking at is just well preserved

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.