Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: 1995 eldorado fan blower problem

korte4260 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Eldorado

1995 eldorado fan blower problem

OK, these are the things I have done:

Checked all fuses in engine compartment and trunk

Replaced fan motor, because it was not working. ( I bench tested new fan before installing and it worked)

The front fan does not come on, the back one does (I know the back one runs off different fuse)

I have noticed that the back fan does not blow out warm air even though the car says the water temp is 212 degrees.

Could this be a relay and if so which one and where is it located? How to test it.

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 1995 eldorado fan blower problem

Well, hopefully someone will respond some time. I see 111 views and no reply. I have an update.

I puled my new blower fan and decided to bench test it again. Well when I connected the battery positive to the blue wire on blower and battery negative to black negative blower wire nothing. So for kicks and giggles I switched my battery connection around and the fan spun. (put battery negative on blue wire of blower and battery positive to black wire on blower) What gives???

Hopefully I can get some type of response from this forum. Thank you in advance for any information or help.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
    Have you pulled the codes?

Yes, they all come out clear. Could it be that the new blower was wired backwards?

Well, update.

I reversed the positive and negative wires on the blower and plugged it in to the car. The fan turned on as soon as I had the connector plugged in. The car was not turned on or anything, so that is not the problem. I have since switched back the wires on the blower. I am getting power to the red wire on the blower plug and the black ground wire is working also. I jumped the red to the black wire and getting power. I know the red wire is always hot and connecting it to the black wire confirms hot wire and good ground. I am inclined to think it is the climate control module (middle wire), but how do I test. I don't want to spend more money on something I don't need possibly.