Cadillac Owners Forum banner

lots of codes on a 97 ETC

896 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  98eldo32v 
#1 ·
OK, so I got my car running perfect and I did a wot. (The right way, as sub had instructed me). White carbon smoke everywhere. I got home and went back out later and this happened......

MSM------
B2120 history- battery 2 out of range
B1656 history- EEPROM Write error
B1983 history- Device power circuit low

PCM--------
P0113 current- IAT sensor circuit high voltage
P0603 history- current module long term memory reset
P0741 history- TCC system stuck off
P1111 current- IAT sensor circuit intermittent high voltage

IRC-------
U1125 history- loss of serial communications for class 2 devices
U1255 history- class 2 communication malfunction

And two more IRC codes I couldn't find definitions for----
IRC U1366 history
IRC U1864 history

What the heck happened?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

See less See more
#3 ·
............... all those codes have been around for a long time. Unless you manually "Clear all codes ?", different types of codes may remain in History for up to 50 start-run cycles during which the fault is not detected.

Most of those codes are simple voltage and data hiccups - set by fooling with the battery, long cranking times, cold weather, magic. Normal. Nothing "happened".

IAT - (Acronyms ^^^) - in the intake air duct near the air filter.

#4 ·
............... all those codes have been around for a long time. Unless you manually "Clear all codes ?", different types of codes may remain in History for up to 50 start-run cycles during which the fault is not detected.

Most of those codes are simple voltage and data hiccups - set by fooling with the battery, long cranking times, cold weather, magic. Normal. Nothing "happened".

IAT - (Acronyms ^^^) - in the intake air duct near the air filter.
I cleared them all and the p0113 came back and the p1111 they are both currents.both are IAT sensors. Just reoplace or what?

Also, the 2120 code was wrong, its a msm b0850 history that was the battery fault.

#5 ·
OK, so I got my car running perfect and I did a wot. (The right way, as sub had instructed me). White carbon smoke everywhere.
Whoa! Carbon is black. White "smoke" is steam or unburnt fuel as in extremely rich.

The IAT sensor may be bad and reporting an extremely cold intake temperature to the PCM. The PCM then requests a very rich injector setting. I'd replace the IAT sensor based on those to codes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.