Crappy day with many problems - 1998 ESC - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Crappy day with many problems - 1998 ESC in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by BigPimpinCaddy Hey that's not entirely true I paid $1200 for my 96 Eldorado ETC with absolutely no ...
    eldorado_sean is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98' Eldorado ESC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpinCaddy
    Hey that's not entirely true I paid $1200 for my 96 Eldorado ETC with absolutely no huge huge problems and a new transmission. only things that went wrong when after owning it ..........
    What Color is yours? Ive had mine since summer of 2012, bought with blown heads for 1200$ but the exterior had one of the cleanest paint for the year. Everyone asks "has it been painted". When I got it I was excited like crazy. But slowly my love for the car has diminished. I need all new suspension. I mean everything... Steering isn't perfect. Last time it was on the freeway our front brake caliper jammed up.( if it jammed up 2 minutes earlier than it did.. I wouldn't be here now also with my dad which was driving. Today it scared the living crap outta me^^^^^ honestly if I found one with much less miles and new parts. Then I would love it. But now spending money on this car is not a good idea. Maybe you got lucky and got a really good one, but so far I've only gotten scared to drive the car. I would rather just rather part with the car then to spend more money. And I think I've reached the conclusion that I am going to part ways with it. Maybe in the future I can get another one but for now I highly doubt I'll be keeping it for the long haul

----------

Many people may think that I'm a kid who doesn't know what he's talking about. But a car that's going to need at least a few thousands of dollars to make it safe for freeway and road trips. I am sad that I've made this decision but for the meantime I have it so I'll drive it. I am probably going to talk to my dad about it tomorrow and set a price so we cannot lose money. But until it sells I'll drive it and I appreciate everything you guys have helped me with in the past and right now.

Mafiaman111 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Eldorado 171000 miles Black on Black

Re: Crappy day with many problems

If your from around western PA you do not get much for less then 4K cause the people....... dare i say are low class. I bought my Cadillac at 17 this guy calmed he was the second owner and it was his grandpas before he took ownership of the car and he did all this upgrades to the car and fixes like the head gaskets on the car. The best lie was the battery had a dead cell in it and it caused the abs, traction control light and service engine light to be on Well, turns out he lied horribly because a battery did not fix the problem. The fuel filler neck rusted and caused the engine light to be. The abs and traction control lights were on because the BPMV was bad and had to be changed. As for the head gaskets the motor was out at one time for sure and what scares me the most is not knowing if a new motor was put in or if it was rebuilt. I paid 2000$ for the car and have put many parts towards it and I know i'm well over the value of the car but hey the car is a very unique. There the last of there generation considering the the only thing not discontinued is the Cadillac name. So either you need to fix the car up or sell it because its a sad day when I go to a junkyard and see 10 eldorados sitting all ripped apart or have bullet holes in it.

BigPimpinCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC VIN 9

Quote Originally Posted by eldorado_sean View Post
    What Color is yours? Ive had mine since summer of 2012, .............
    She's Pearl White, with peanut butter colored interior(which I haven't really seen on other eldos) and too be honest I was scared to drive my car with all these overheating issues I had (Just hose leaks, still scared me lol) I guess I got lucky (The guy I bought the car from works for Cash for cars) personally I think the previous owner kept putting and putting money into the car, then saw it needed a new cat and said forget it lol.. but yeah man do your thing I'm not hating but a eldorado is a beautiful car and you don't see too many in good shape often.. atleast around here. (Dumbos with their 26 inch rims on an eldorado, racing it and stuff... shame) like stated above... pretty much all discontinued except the name Cadillac. Personally I'd say fix this eldorado and keep it garaged if you really need another car.. that's what I'm going to do at-least. It's been a fun year with my eldorado and next month, well... I'm getting another eldorado or an sts haha.

My eldorado..

^^ When a first got her

Now her in the shop (Be glad you can't see the hood... with no grill.. drunk swerved off the road in a suv and hit my head on. Going to pick-n-pull this weekend to see if they got some white eldorado hoods.. also got a chrome grill coming in the mail

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

You asked about repairing the rear Electronic Level Control - it's all in CF many times over - look through Cadillac Tech Tips and recent posts on the system in this forum and in Deville, as well as Suspension.

The system uses height sensors linked to the suspension arms, a compressor assembly (compressor, filter/dryer, control head), air lines and shocks with added air bladders for height cont5rol due to extra weight in the trunk or rear seat.

or http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cadillac+forums...rol+repair&l=1

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

ALSO my rear suspension is tooooo low. When i was pulling the codes, the compressor was on the WHOLE time, about 2 minutes. my car is riding very low. ABout 2 months ago i did a inspection at the schools shop. the previous owner had the BIG CHROME rims we bought the car with the original rims. when i looked at the rear shock. i saw a piece of tube with a screw at the open end covering the air inlet to the air bladder. i was like WHAT THE hell did they do? a couple of my posts ago, i said the conecttor at the air bladder was broken. how do i fix it? and how can i fix the ELC??? please help
    Sounds like the compressor hose is disconnected, thus the compressor keeps running. You need to reconnect the air hoses and make sure that there are no leaks.

the conecttor at the air bladder was broken
    If that's the case you probably need new shocks.

kaceyseldo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 97 eldorado
    Look ELDO, if you are going to sell the car, your gonna loose money. That's what caddy owners do. (For the most part) is lose money. But if your dead sold on selling it, where are you located and what do you want for it? I need a donor for my eldorado and my Deville.

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k
    U got license around Xmas and already got hit by drunk driver? Was ur car parked or were u driving and got hit? Did u talk to drunks insurance co? Story sounds odd? Like BS

Quote Originally Posted by stoveguyy
    U got license around Xmas and already got hit by drunk driver? Was ur car parked or were u driving and got hit? Did u talk to drunks insurance co? Story sounds odd? Like BS
    I never said anything about drunk driving. That was antother person

----------

Also today I took it today again. Today was much better many people afterschool really liked it! But an idiot of a friend pressed the e brake when I told him not to.( I have a vacuum leak and it doesn't disengage automatically. I released it manually but the e brake light was still on. I turned it off and on. Drove home and it's still on. But people have mostly liked it and went crazy over the condition of the paint

Look at this BS someone dented my car!!!!!!!!!! This is why you don't park on the damn street
    And look how LOW my Car is.
    Attached Images

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

But an idiot of a friend pressed the e brake when I told him not to.( I have a vacuum leak and it doesn't disengage automatically. I released it manually but the e brake light was still on. I turned it off and on. Drove home and it's still on.
    Reset the parking brake hard so when you release it again it releases with force. If that doesn't turn the light off, put your toe under the parking brake and lift up on it.

Look at this BS someone dented my car!!!!!!!!!! This is why you don't park on the damn street
    That's not terribly low...... both of my empty trunked caddys sit about like that. The compressors run for about 5 seconds on both of them. You said your compressors run alot?

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 02 DHS, 03 SLS

Re: Crappy day with many problems - 1998 ESC

-----------------------
    tickets - blown trans - front end smashed - rear quarter caved in -

hell - by the end of the week
    you can just have it towed to the scrap yard -
    get $250 for it -
    and get that toyota you really want -

Quote Originally Posted by basscatt View Post
    -----------------------
    tickets - blown trans - front end smashed - rear quarter caved in -

hell - by the end of the week
    you can just have it towed to the scrap yard -
    get $250 for it -
    and get that toyota you really want -
    I'll give you $500 RIGHT NOW!!!! I need a Seville!

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Sean, if you haven't read it here before, these cars are a horrible choice for a first car... If your intention is to keep everything operating as it should. Even a well taken care of, low mileage example, will cost several thousand dollars a year in maintenance and repairs (especially if no major work has been done to it yet).

Geeez! First of all NO ONE has hit me in the front and the quarter panel just has a dent, teacher said he can fix in 30 minutes maybe less. And this car if I sell it WILL NOT be used as a parts car. I will make sure it goes to a good home. And to anyone it is a clean title car , never been hit or anything. I don't understand why everyone says it's hit?? It's never been hit EVER

----------

And trans is fine. Been driving everyday to school and back with some around town driving.

----------

Also we've done the hg's and almost all new parts on engine. Tranny is fine. And the ticket was a parking ticket so no big worry. I never abuse the car. Starting to apreciate cadillac as a cruiser , not a sports car.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaceyseldo
    That's not terribly low...... both of my empty trunked caddys sit about like that. The compressors run for about 5 seconds on both of them. You said your compressors run alot?

Funny thing is my air bladders aren't even inflating at all, compressor always runs, like the other day I was pulling the codes and the compressor was on the whole time( about 2 minutes)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.