98 STS air from defrost and floor only
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aztec ETC ECS
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 98 STS air from defrost and floor only in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I noticed a couple of nights ago I'm only getting air from my defrost vent and floor. No matter what ...
    blooddragon78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville STS

98 STS air from defrost and floor only

I noticed a couple of nights ago I'm only getting air from my defrost vent and floor. No matter what I do I'm not getting any thing from the dash vents.
    I've crawled up under the dash and if what I'm assuming is one of the actuators actually is, its not moving when the controls are changed(has a grey circle on the side of a black box that looks like it should rotate)

I've done a lot of searching, and cant find any info on a 98+ Seville with the all electronic controls with this issue.

Only code I'm getting that has to do with the HVAC unit is B1343 Air Inlet Door Movement Fault. Which to my understanding is just the door for re circulation.

Dont know if this may be tied to the issue, but the ac compressor doesn't kick on even if system is set to defrost, or if temp is set all the way down at 60.

Any one have an idea where I should start, I've already checked the connections at the HVAC selector unit, and when I got the car air would come out of different locations, and ac did work, so I don't think its tied to my other electrical issues.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

Re: 98 STS air from defrost and floor only

I've seen that code where other actuators are bad. Don't know why.
    You probably need the mode actuator, #1 in the pic:

power007 likes this.

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Ahhh, the actuator for the B1343 code is a real PITA to replace. I did it. My code went away and the door swings now. It is for recurculation. I just had a B1341 that required a RH actuator replacement. In short, i think the codes are pretty reliable. If you don't have any other codes, you might have to take it somewhere and get it scanned. They can drive the doors, check responses etc. A more thorough test of your system. It can also recalibrate all of your HVAC settings.

blooddragon78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville STS

ok, odd as it may seem, are there positively no vacuum controls on the 98+ Sevilles? Tonight I was leaving a local gas station had the hvac system on auto and just happened to WOT the car. I noticed air coming from the dash, so I manually controlled it, and its working again.
    Is there possibly some thing that got freed up by my wot, or are there electrical gremlins at play here?

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    No vacuum controls at all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.