codes P1605, U1255,
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, codes P1605, U1255, in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, I have been searching old posts but cannot seem to find solution to these codes. Windows do not work, ...
    wolfezit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993,'95,'99 ETCs, 2- 1999 Eldo ESCs,'93 STS

codes P1605, U1255,

Hi, I have been searching old posts but cannot seem to find solution to these codes. Windows do not work, trunk and gas door buttons do not work, interior lights no work, gas gauge not working, hvac not working. Left key on last week and battery went dead. I charged it while still hooked up to car with slow drip charge. any help please

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: codes P1605, U1255,

Codes are meaningless without their definitions. No one has them memorized. Help us help you. Use the DTC Sticky to find the link for the code definitions, OBDI or OBDII (depending on which of the cars in your profile you are talking about).

Thanks for the response! I am working with a '99 ETC, just got it and is not on my profile. The codes are;

(1) PCM P1605-Loss of HVAC serial data
    (2) IPC B2419-Twilight photocell circut problem
    (3) IPC B2711-Pass key open/shorted pellet after good key, (the car may not restart was on before the other problems started)
    (4) IPC U1255-Class 2 communication malfunction (serial data line malfunction)
    (5) SDM U1255-sameas (4)

#(3) was on computer along with 2 rss codes before the problems started.

I read an old post that described my issues exactly but I saw no solution there:

RUDEINC
    RUDEINC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Post date 09/21/05

most accessories not working...any ideas?

Today my relay for my turn signals went out, but before replacing the relay I was checking the fuses to see if that was the problem. I decided that as long as I was looking for a fuse problem I might as well check the other fuses while I was at it. Now hardly any of my accessories are working...Here is a list of non working things.....windows, lighter, high beams, home link, interior lights, door buzzer, radio works but can't set time, buttons for the fuel door and trunk release won't work, I also noticed that my fuel gauge and climate control on the dash are blank too. I rechecked every fuse in the car, in the trunk, under the hood, and also the large body fuses...all are fine. The check air bag now comes on when you first start the car, and the dash cluster takes about 15 seconds after the key is turned to light up now. I also tried disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours but nothing changed. What could have happened? Did I fry something just by checking fuses? Any ideas are greatly appreciated....

codes before problem: none
    codes now:
    b1552 keep alive memory
    b1163 loss of serial data, no lamp rsponse
    u1096 loss of communication with ipc
    u1255 class 2 communication malfunction
    p1610 loss of pzm serial data
    p1605 loss of hvac data
    p0603 control module long term memory reset

1999 cadillac dev

1 other current code I found by mistake, the engine was running while I punched in the off/warmer buttons:

PCM P1610-Loss of PZM serial data When engine is off and key turned to on this code reads as HISTORY

I want to tell you in a way I hope you understand, THANK YOU for any help.

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

this is a real long-shot -

try disconnecting BOTH battery cables -
    and touch them together for several seconds -

the theory is that several modules are "confused" due to leaving the key ON -

removing all power - and touching the cables together
    will drain all power from all the caps in the system -
    and acts kind of like "rebooting" the modules -

it might work - it might not work -
    but it certainly won't hurt anything to try -

Thanks, will try and get back to you.

I tried connecting the battery wires but nothing has changed with my problem. Thanks

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Not good to charge a dead battery in a car, esp these SOB's.
    I would disconnect the battery completely for a while, like hours and pray when hooked up things start working, but I think something fried.
    Did you mess with any of the grounds? While you are at wouldn't hurt to check fuses, maybe something popped.

I will go thru and check fuses, grounding is always an issue so will look around for anything obvious thanks for the tips

found connection at fuse for "comfort" defective. Now all is back to normal. I have a code RSS C1738, exhaust solenoid valve short to ground. I took the trunk fuse block out. It was still wrapped in the "see thru plastic shrink" so no one had messed with it. I found no wire from the ELC to the compressor and no metal sleeve on the "out" side of the fuse. Looked thru all the wires and found no wires unused. There is power to the fuse. This missing wire had to have been from the factory. Car has 153 K and why this wasn't fixed pryer is baffling. I guess I could hook up a wire to the "out" side of fuse, drill hole under back seat and connect with the compressor under trunk. The "comfort" fuse is just below the ELC fuse. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.