Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Heater pipes R&R

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  vincentm 
#1 ·
Will disconnection of the front dogbones, and removal of the back cam cover be enough to get these suckers out and replacements in?

#2 ·
Yes, But I think it may be easier to rock the engine forward by using a turnbuckle in place of the shorter dogbone or lowering the front part of the cradle a bit. My understanding is that there is not enough clearance to get the rear cam cover off.

#4 ·
No need to remove the rear camcover. I've done this on two previous N*'s, and lowering the front of the cradle is the only way to gain access to those pipes. Removal of the battery, surge tank will aid in disconnecting things on the pass. side; drivers side may require disconnecting the EGR pipe.
Loosen the four cradle bolts in the rear of the cradle. I also removed both fans.

#5 ·
Took it to a shop yesterday and upon inspection it turns out its just the hoses to the heater core that are causing the leak. Shop says these are molded, parts stores say no.

Can i just replace them with any 3/4" hosing?

#9 ·
Ok, so to shop this Friday it is. Obviously Baxter auto parts and O'Reilly dont know what they're talking about when they say i can just replace them with the rubber hosing they cut for me. Glad im a member here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.