2001 ETC EBCM Remanufactor or New Available?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2001 ETC EBCM Remanufactor or New Available? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; All, I'm a new-be to the site. Could use some help. Have 51 yrs of maintenance, 26 Auto & heavy ...
    ujager is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Eldorado ETC

Question 2001 ETC EBCM Remanufactor or New Available?

All,

I'm a new-be to the site. Could use some help. Have 51 yrs of maintenance, 26 Auto & heavy Truck 25 yrs Commercial Aircraft.
    Does anyone know of anyone that may have a "NEW" O.E.M or can re-manufacture a E.B.C.M for a 2001 Eldorado ETC, VIN: 1G6ET12981B105733,
    GM Part #19244920, Option: F45 Real Time Dampening?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

A new one would be VERY expensive. Several companies remanufacture them, a Google search would be your beat bet.

Failure is not common, so consider a used one. Also, the electronic part is separate from the hydraulic part, so you don't have to buy the whole thing.

When you have time, read through the "sticky" threads, here, and in the Northstar forums. And read the entire Cadillac Technical Archives, in the black tab at the top of the page.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 2001 Eldorado ETC EBCM Remanufactor or New Available?

There are places that will rebuild them for you. Here is one and I'm sure there are more.
    http://www.absfixer.com/

Money is not an object. Thanks for the directions.....But I've called just about every re-builder that Google has listed and I'm told the same thing....."That they don't rebuild my type of EBCM with F45 Option "Real Time Dampening". I also call all Google listing for O.E.M. Cadillac Parts and have been told that it's NO Longer AVAILABLE, I've tried 1 used EBCM with a NEW in the factory Box BPMV which the used EBCM, failed 3 days later, Traction Control. I've also have had the quick disconnect connector to the EBCM re-pined due to a small amount of corrosion on several pins. All work is being done at a competent Cadillac Dealership. Money is not an issue. Presently I have another USED EBCM replacement coming. Also purchased another unit to include BPVM with EBCM off of a vehicle in driving & operating condition coming. MY DESIRE IS: to find a NEW in the box EBCM or RE-MANUFACTURED unit. Does anyone know of anyone with a NEW O.E.M. unit in a box?

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Last time I checked on eBay (~few weeks ago) I saw about 3 or 4 EBTCM (brand new) for sale with prices ranging from ~$200 to ~$950.
    I bought one brand new ~3 years ago for ~$85.
    If you can't find it on eBay and you need it now Rockauto.com has it too (I am lookig at it now) for $998 new in the box.

1 minute search on eBay and found item no 321215578234 as the best price ($750) brand new in the box.
    If you need the controller too see item 161119141967. The BPMV part is the same since '96 and up (doesn't really matter if is ICCS2 DL equipped or not, the one that makes the difference is the controller). '97 and up controllers (for the cars with ICCS2 DL) should be the same. For the cars w/o ICCS2 DL the '96 and up controller should be the same. You have to check the eSI though I am talking now from memory (and only referring to Eldorado, Seville EBTCM was changed in '98 and Deville in '00).

Got codes?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2001 ETC EBCM Remanufactor or New Available?

http://www.modulemaster.com/en/index.php

Strange that nobody seems to rebuild yours .......... try this ^^^ ????

I looked this morning. Not available for the Eldorado.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2001 ETC EBCM Remanufactor or New Available?

One more strike for the Cadillac that never was upgraded past 1998. (Engine, yes)

Yup, they have nothing for pre '98 Sevilles either.

Cool Re: 2001 Eldorado ETC EBCM Remanufactor or New Available?

Quote Originally Posted by N*Caddy View Post
    Last time I checked on eBay (~few weeks ago) I saw about 3 or 4 EBTCM (brand new) for sale with prices ranging from ~$200 to ~$950.
    I bought one brand new ~3 years ago for ~$85.
    If you can't find it on eBay and you need it now Rockauto.com has it too (I am lookig at it now) for $998 new in the box.

1 minute search on eBay and found item no 321215578234 as the best price ($750) brand new in the box.
    If you need the controller too see item 161119141967. The BPMV part is the same since '96 and up (doesn't really matter if is ICCS2 DL equipped or not, the one that makes the difference is the controller). '97 and up controllers (for the cars with ICCS2 DL) should be the same. For the cars w/o ICCS2 DL the '96 and up controller should be the same. You have to check the eSI though I am talking now from memory (and only referring to Eldorado, Seville EBTCM was changed in '98 and Deville in '00).

Got codes?
    Thank you, I'll try your directions tomorrow. Regards, Ujager

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.