99 Eldo annual expenses?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 2manyhotrods
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 99 Eldo annual expenses? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just ran across a 99 Eldorado with 66k miles on it and it's going for about 6 grand. It's ...
    kirkis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

99 Eldo annual expenses?

I just ran across a 99 Eldorado with 66k miles on it and it's going for about 6 grand. It's the classic one owner dream, old guy that follows the maintenance schedule whether he needs to or not. I was looking for a practical 10 thousand dollar car with low maintenance and repair costs. A 99 eldo is clearly a large step in the opposite direction. I'm not mechanically inclined, so what do you regularly spend each year maintaining and repairing your Cadi?
    I've always wanted a late 90's eldo, but could never afford one. Now that I have the money I'm not sure if I can afford to maintain it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2manyhotrods is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.

Re: 99 Eldo annual expenses?

My 1999 ETC just turned 125,000 about a week ago. I've maintained it to the letter.
    It needs brakes, tires, wipers and exhaust every 4 years like any other car. I pay attention to the cooling system, watch the belts and hoses and listen for odd noises. I monitor the gauges religiously.
    I keep mine garaged, it never goes out in the snow and rarely sees rain drops.
    It does suffer from terrible oil leaks but I watch the level carefully. At the age it's reached I cant see pulling the engine and transmission for $2 or $3,000 repairs. It's easier and cheaper to put Pig Mats under it when parked in the garage.

$6,000 for a 1999 Eldorado seem like a TON of money to me. Keep in mind you can drop $3-$4,000 in repairs very quickly if the previous owner cheated a bit on his maintenance and repairs or if something else unforeseen looms on you.
    $4,000 is even too much in my opinion.
    RazorBacker1 and kirkis like this.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

2K tops, keep in mind the 99's are the worst for HG failure via our unscientific poll.

Thank you for the reality check. I'm guessing this guy isn't going to come down to a level where it's cheaper to own than repair. I figured 5 grand on repairs every 100k miles or 5 years would be a fair price to pay for rockin an eldo.

2manyhotrods is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.

My '99 ETC was purchased for $1,200 greenbacks a while back.
    No rust, over 100K miles and very straight.
    For that price I can deal with it's high frequency of repair record.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by kirkis View Post
    Thank you for the reality check. I'm guessing this guy isn't going to come down to a level where it's cheaper to own than repair. I figured 5 grand on repairs every 100k miles or 5 years would be a fair price to pay for rockin an eldo.
    Good estimate. I think you're spot on.
    Now go find a clean one out there that the owner is more motivated to sell. Mr. Six Thousand is just out there fishing.

I ran across some with higher mileage for under 2 Grand. I just figured a well maintained sunday driver Cadi with low mileage might give me a few years before jumping into the money pit. So from what I gather it's best to skip the honeymoon buy the car for next to nothing and go straight for the money pit.

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k
    10k for a caddy? 06-07 yrs. don't know if u can shop around and find one with included warranty?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.